6 days left
- Full Time
The Badminton World Federation's Marketing Manager is an integral part of the Marketing and Communications team and is responsible for developing, implementing, executing and assisting with the implementation of (where other departments drive implementation) strategic marketing plans for the entire organization (or for departments and projects within the organization).
The key focus is to assist to attract potential fans and participants to the sport of badminton and retain existing ones but is also related to profiling BWF as an institution and the promotion activities targeted at Member Associations, players and other internal stakeholders in the badminton community.
The Marketing Manager will need to be conversant with marketing terminology related to sports marketing specifically and brand marketing broadly. The BWF will require the position to provide ongoing analysis and insights of what other sporting federations are doing in a very competitive marketing landscape.
The Marketing Manager will need to be familiar and conversant with commercial strategy and delivery of broadcast and sponsor-related contracts and relationships.
- Develop and follow up on various BWF marketing plans, including project management of different promotional/media materials for sponsors, event hosts, development, integrity programme, product marketing campaigns, and host-related event marketing campaigns.
- Ensure effective distribution of all marketing materials and activities.
- Report on effectiveness of marketing communications against agreed objectives.
- Monitor and suggest attendance for Commercial Director and/or Marketing Manager at relevant sports marketing and commercial events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions.
- Hospitality development and servicing at events as and when required working with an agency on record, namely Infront Sports & Media.
- Assist with managing the reporting relationship on the BWF Media Archive Project and Nielsen Sports.
- Assist in extracting data from different relevant platforms (websites/Google analysis, social media, YouTube etc.) and providing analysis and providing a recommendation from time to time on improvements of the use of the various platforms.
- Assist in management of existing and new sponsor relationships working with Infront and the Events team.
- Assist in project management of sponsorship activities (including communication activities) not directly related to events.
- General BWF Brand Management.
- Oversee marketing budget with Commercial Director.
- Oversee BWF/Infront budget – including reporting to Commercial Director and Secretary-General on development.
- Other tasks assigned within the Marketing and Communications department as required from time to time – such as project management around gala dinners in connection with AGM and similar assignments such as the HSBC BWF World Tour Finals.
Qualities / Attributes
- The successful candidate will have experience in management and strategic development in marketing.
- You will have good planning skills, excellent written and spoken English language skills and be a good planner and have excellent organisational skills, be an effective colleague with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- You will have been involved in marketing in a sports or commercial organization.
- Having worked in a multi-cultural environment will be an advantage as will be fluent in other languages.
- A flexible attitude in working with a small team of personnel will be essential.
- Candidates for the position will require a range of personal and professional skills to be considered for the role. The key criteria below will be used as a basis for shortlisting candidates for the interview phase.
- Applications for the position must address each criterion, provide examples from their experience / employment background.
a) Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant formal qualifications – a degree in marketing, business studies or sports-related disciplines;
- Experience as a manager in sport and/or the commercial/agency sector;
- Proven experience in developing and implementing integrated marketing plans.
- Experience in working in multi-cultural work environments;
b) Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven capacity to support the work of others;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent English is written and spoken language skills and superior presentation skills;
- Understanding of the sports industry and the role of an international federation/world body in the structure of an Olympic Games sport.
c) Personal Attributes
- You will have a positive outlook to employment and be a person that takes pride in the quality of work;
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Negotiated with the successful candidate dependent on qualifications and experience.
An expected remuneration should be stated in the application.
- A contract with a three month probationary period will be offered to the successful candidate. Length of the contract to be discussed.
- Performance appraisals, against mutually agreed performance objectives will be a regular part of employment.
Hours of Work
- The position is contracted and full time. The nature of the work requires flexibility during busy periods.
- At the time of application, you are required to indicate your current remuneration level and your expectations in terms salary.
Required Format for Applications
- An email application or letter applying for the job;
- A statement addressing each Selection Criteria (a, b and c above) giving examples from your employment background and life experiences;
- A brief CV / resume of no more than four pages.
At the time of application, you are required to indicate your current remuneration level and your expectations in terms salary.