Communications & Events Manager
Location & Travel;
The role is based at the Oceania Badminton office : Ellerslie, Auckland, NZ. It will include some domestic and international travel.
Badminton Oceania is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of our operations. Applications for positions in Badminton Oceania are open to all suitably qualified candidates, subject to educational and experience criteria relevant to the specific job being applied for.
Badminton Oceania is one of five Continental Confederations working closely with the Badminton World Federation (BWF) to implement a wide range of development programmes and events in the Oceania region.
There are currently four full-time staff members who are responsible for day to day operations aligned to the Strategic Plan.
Badminton Oceania is governed by an Executive Board of 7 people and 15 Member Countries.
This newly created position is primarily to develop, coordinate and manage and grow Badminton Oceania's communications channels and to oversee and coordinated administration and operations for BWF Grade 3 events, Oceania Championships and Para-badminton events in the region.
The role will include implementing a new website, managing both the functionality and content on a day to day basis, communicating regularly with all stakeholders through digital means (e-newsletter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other relevant platforms) to ensure they are well informed as to what is happening across the region as well as providing training and assistance to members on their communication strategies and tools.
The successful candidate will work closely with event hosts (including para-badminton) to ensure quality event delivery, positive player experience and event sustainability. This will involve pre-event planning including budgeting and marketing, ensuring all rules and regulations of Badminton Oceania and BWF are met, tournament software management including M&Q lists, seeding and draws, on-site assistance as required, streaming production and event communications through relevant platforms.
Secretary General / CEO
Qualifications and Attributes
- Experience in a communication role
- Graphic design skills
- Photography skills required to capture quality badminton images
- Experience with web-site management and maintenance; knowledge of word-press is an advantage
- Experience and a high level of competency working with social media
- Experience in live-streaming and video production
- Experience in event management and delivery
- Familiar with the rules and regulations of international badminton events
- High levels of competency in English - spoken and written
- Familiar with the sport and world of badminton
- Initiative and personal drive
- High attention to detail with the ability to prioritize workload
- Can work and deliver within deadlines
The preferred candidate should fit in well in a relaxed and dynamic work environment.
Required Format for Applications
- An email application or letter applying for the job with an indication of your current remuneration level and your expectations in terms of salary.
- A brief CV / resume of no more than four pages.
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application. The selected candidate will be expected to start no later than 1 September 2018.
To apply for this role, you must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.