7 days left
- Full Time
Reporting to the Commercial & Communications Director and working closely with the Secretary General, the Communications and Media Manager is responsible for managing the communications and media functions for the BWF including the management of the Communications Officer (future Communications Officers and any possible interns).
This includes developing and implementing the BWF Communications Strategy (together with various stakeholders), advising all BWF internal stakeholders on communication issues and all communication related matters, both internal and to all BWF external stakeholders. Furthermore overseeing and driving BWF communication activities related to press releases, contact to media organizations, servicing at BWF Major Events and selected HSBC BWF World Tour Events, communication with institutional stakeholders, BWF website maintenance of news and news generation and the social media strategy.
The Communications Manager will also be responsible for the production of Fan Newsletters, the Quarterly Shuttle World and other external communications.
The Communications Manager is responsible for;
1.Managing any staff in the Communication Department (presently Communication Officer and interns from time to time).
2.Implementing and further developing BWF Communications Strategy programmes related to:
- Badminton Fans;
- Member Association;
- Institutional Stakeholders;
- Media organizations;
- Media training for players and other internal stakeholders.
3. Coordinating the BWFs interaction with media organisations including:
- Developing and maintaining a media list – print and electronic media;
- Liaising with media organizations on a regular basis;
- Distributing media releases and calls for media events / photo opportunities;
- Fielding calls from media and referring them to the person responsible
4. Coordinating the media relations at BWF events:
- From time to time and as agreed, attend events and support the media operations at the event – and generate content for BWF communications platforms;
- Contribute towards the development and maintenance of media guidelines at events – BWF major events – Level 1, 2, and 3 events.
5. Managing and coordinating content generation on BWF media platforms (Badminton streaming channel) and content generation on broadcast partner platforms in close consultation with the Commercial and Communications Director and Secretary General and BWF Media Agency partners.
6. Managing / coordinating the management of the content of the BWF websites and Social Media platforms:
- Updating the news and announcements area of the websites;
- Monitoring the updating of other areas of the websites.
- Coordinating the updating of content on all areas of the websites.
- Coordinate strategic content generation projects with external suppliers.
7. Organisation and running of Press Conferences.
8. Managing BWF photo partners and archive of images and video clips.
9. Drafting and assisting in the drafting of official communication including but not limited to speeches, press releases, memos, newsletters, fact sheets and where appropriate, assisting with content for BWF corporate publications including the annual report.
10. Assisting with on-going positive relations with media / media organisations.
11. Other tasks and duties as assigned and agreed.
The key criteria below will be used as a basis for short listing candidates for the interview phase. Applications for the position must address each criterion, providing examples, where possible, from their experience / employment background.
a) Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant formal qualifications – a degree in media / communicatons;
- Experience as manager in sport and / or the media sector
- Proven experience in developing and implementing integrated communications plans across a wide range of platforms including social media.
- Experience in working in multi-cultural work environments.
b) Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven capacity to support the work of others;
- Strong planning and organisations skills;
- Excellent English written and spoken language skills and superior presentations skills;
- Understanding of the sports industry and the role of an international federation / world body in the structure of an Olympic Games sport.
c) Personal Attributes
- You will have a positive outlook to employment and be a person that takes pride in the quality of work;
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision.
Required Format for Applications
- An email application or letter applying for the job;
- A statement addressing each Selection Criteria (a, b and c above) giving examples from your employment background and life experiences;
- A brief CV / resume of no more than four pages.
At the time of application, you are required to indicate your current remuneration level and your expectations in terms salary.