Senior Athlete Development Manager (m/f)
|Function||Marketing & Communications, Agency, PR & Marketing|
The Marketing department of IRONMAN is tasked with generating and converting demand for IRONMAN’s portfolio of endurance events, affiliated brands and products, creating value for customers, and profitable growth strategies for the business.
The Senior Athlete Development Manager (SADM) is responsible for strategising, overseeing and implementing all Athlete Development programs for IRONMAN EMEA’s endurance sport portfolio. These programs include but are not limited to the IRONMAN All World Athlete Program, the IRONMAN TriClub Program, the IRONMAN Become One Program, the IRONKIDS Series and Velothon Cycling Club. A critical component of the role is to develop programs and strategies that seek new athletes, improve retention and move athletes throughout the portfolio of brands.
The SADM brings strong leadership, initiative, project management skills, creativity, multichannel thinking, organisation, analytical aptitude, teamwork and confidence to address every challenge and opportunity that presents itself. They will collaborate with the Marketing Leadership Team on regional and global strategies; as well as with the Local Marketing Managers to drive initiatives at a targeted level.
IRONMAN is an inclusive, dynamic workplace. We are looking to partner with individuals who like to roll up their sleeves, get creative, be passionate and find solutions to help meet or exceed all objectives.
- Manage, mentor and develop the Athlete Development team
- Assess, enhance and execute the strategic plans for the IRONMAN All World Athlete Program, TriClub Program, Become One and existing Athlete Development programs
- Lead all marketing communications related to the programs, in consultation with the wider marketing team
- Manage tactical executions connected to the programs including points calculations, loyalty programs, partner integration and ordering
- Ensure strategies are tactically executed in a creative and timely manner and within expense guidelines
- Develop ad hoc and long term growth strategies for IRONMAN, Cycling, Mountain Biking and Running
- Periodically assist with the on-site execution of the programs
- Analyse customer retention issues and acquisition opportunities to drive engagement
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external resources to drive engagement, program growth and incremental registrations per racing athlete
- Develop and execute innovative promotional programs in both core and secondary markets
- Work closely with functional leads within Event Management, Marketing Services and Creative, Digital Marketing, Social Media, and email marketing
- Collaborate with the Global Athlete Development Team and other regional teams
- Manage the Athlete Development budget and analyse ROI
- Assist in annual budget preparation, management and forecasting. Prepare budgets and submit estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development
- Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and participant satisfaction goals
- Create promotional plans which successfully meet volume and profitability targets, and manage their implementation in partnership with creative services and marketing department
- Collaborate with design team on marketing collateral; provide creative direction depending on audience and event collateral type
- Work within the Marketing Leadership Team on key strategies for the EMEA region, including close collaboration with the Digital, PR and Athlete Development disciplines
- Contribute to Best Practices that can be templatised and shared with the marketing team and race directors for owned and licensed events
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to deliver EMEA regional goals, including working with Global Partnerships Team, Operations Team and Regional Directors
- Foster open communication between all IRONMAN Team Members
- Additional responsibilities to successfully deliver EMEA Marketing objectives, as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 - 10 years marketing experience with 2+ years leading a team
- Data driven
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking capability
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to advocate for change in any environment among peers, managers, executives, and outside partners
- Superior time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to fluidly transition between managing the work of others and being an individual contributor
- Possess a goal-oriented approach, with the desire and capability to track activities to business metrics and an overall plan. The successful candidate has a demonstrated desire to conceptualize, execute, and report on complex integrated marketing programs
- A passion for an active lifestyle is a plus
- Ability to work some weekends and non-traditional hours
- Ability to travel 25%+
- Multi touchpoint campaign implementation and management
- Project leadership
- Teamwork and collaboration
- A passion for competition and competitors
- Experience delivering a project against clear metrics
A contract will be made on the basis of a full-time employment and for an indefinite time period. We are looking forward to receiving your application and CV including your salary expectations and your notice period.
IRONMAN Limited are the organisers of IRONMAN events in the UK and Ireland.