ITTF Competition Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations, Event Planning & Competition Management|
Please note that the ITTF are looking to hire two persons, both for the position of ITTF Competition Manager.
The ITTF Competition Manager will be ultimately responsible to oversee the general operations of events they are assigned to manage and to provide assistance towards the overall professionalisation of ITTF competitions, supporting the ITTF’s goal of becoming a top Olympic sport.
Be responsible for the general operations and coordination of technical and other aspects of ITTF events assigned to, from preparation to the evaluation of events, by working towards achieving the following objectives:
- Manage 12-15 specific events per year with high focus on all phases of an event; pre-event, during event and after-event.
- Oversee the implementation of event directives and policies.
- Maintain close contact and communication with Local Organizing Committees (LOC).
- Liaise with all different stakeholders of an event ie. ITTF, LOC, National Associations, coaches, players etc.
- Work closely with ITTF Staff from different departments for the successful planning and delivery of events.
- Manage the entries through the ITTF online entry system.
- Prepare the competition schedule and playing system, for approval by the “Head of ”each type of event.
- Supervise the playing conditions and equipment, as well as hospitality arrangements.
- Supervise the draws.
- Manage the results system and be responsible for timely results’ update on ITTF.com.
- Oversee communication, accommodation and travel arrangements.
- Control and maintain event processes, people and tasks.
- Oversee the execution of matches and overall good presentation of the sport, with special attention on TV Production.
- Assist with marketing and promotion supervision and take the lead especially in events that a Competition Manager is one of the few staff representing ITTF on site.
- Evaluation of the event after the conclusion of the event.
- Provide feedback internally for improving events.
Candidates for the position of ITTF Competition Manager should demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary education in Sports Management or similar;
- Experience working within sport competition management;
- Experience working within table tennis or other racket sports;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Organisational skills and ability to work with people from different nations and backgrounds;
- Readiness to work irregular and long hours during events;
- Sound Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Professional capacity to work in multiple languages, in particular English. Other languages like Chinese, French, Spanish, etc. will be considered a plus.
- Experience within the sport of Table Tennis.
The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)
The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) is responsible for the global sport of table tennis. It is the largest international federation in the world with 226 member associations.