Senior Women's Assistant National Coach
|Location||Burton upon Trent, UK|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
Senior Women’s Assistant National Coach
Based at St George’s Park, near Burton upon Trent
Win the World Cup in 2023 and sustain success thereafter
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA in an integral role to the organisation achieving its goals.
As Senior Women’s Assistant National Coach you will continue to build a successful winning England Women’s Senior team and support the creation of a winning performance culture which encompasses the wider England DNA.
Enhancing and influencing the development of English female international footballers at a senior and u23 level, you’ll contribute to the overall National Team Strategy to build winning teams and individual player development objectives
- Deliver inspiring, world-class on and off-field technical coaching to the Women’s Senior and u23 teams, units and individual players.
- In collaboration with other Senior team coaches and talent identification staff, develop detailed positional role profiles
- With other national coaches, develop and deliver detailed position and individual-specific technical programmes which improve the in and out of possession skills of England players and individual player performance and player feedback.
- In collaboration with other national coaches, the development and delivery of world-leading attacking set-piece strategies and tactics which create competitive advantages
- Assist in the development and delivery of research projects and case studies which inform the ongoing development of the coaching model, benchmarking with other nations and sports
- Ensure outstanding recorded preparation delivery and review of all work undertaken
- Develop outstanding player and club relationships through a structured WSL club visit and engagement programme
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to support the creation of a consistent outstanding learning, and development environment for all players
- Plan, deliver and review up to 8 CPD events per year based on a role as a National Coach
You will be an outstanding, inspirational football coach with a track record of the consistent and successful experience of development of elite women’s players with a minimum of 2 years international senior team experience. You will have a demonstrable understanding of International and Club Football and a deep knowledge of technical and tactical components.
With minimum qualification of the A Licence, you will have the ability to inspire a team to play to their maximum potential, alongside being a great ambassador for the FA and the wider game of football.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch and apply by following the link below.
Successful candidates would need to be willing to undertake background screening as part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 1st July 2018.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.