Senior Account Director
iLUKA, part of the CSM Sports & Entertainment group, is a specialised agency, developing and delivering coordinated strategic activations for sponsors and other stakeholders at global events.
We are experts in executing cutting edge event hospitality experiences born from intelligent strategic direction. Our heritage is big events for big companies looking for strategic and measured solutions which focus on creating unforgettable experiences for stakeholders integral to sponsors success.
Our experience working with Sponsors, Organising Committees, International Sporting Federations, Governing Bodies and City stakeholders enables us to develop our clients sponsorship story to ensure that activations maximise the communication of their messages as well as guide global teams and their local markets through the unique complexities of delivering effectively at global events.
We look for people who are high energy, comfortable working potentially long hours in a demanding but rewarding and friendly environment. The successful candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic, confident and outgoing. You willing enjoy rolling your sleeves up and get involved. Key skills for all roles include being able to work in a calm, professional manner in a pressured environment and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload.
We are looking for a Senior Account Director based in the UK to lead the Business Development, client management and project team for iLUKA’s Annual Events Business. This is currently focused on football and tennis programmes and iLUKA’s Pulse system event management solutions. This role will be based in our Hampton Wick and Victoria Offices, with UK and International travel for events.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the relationships with our Venues and other property owners, ensuring the best possible outcomes for our clients
- Lead the client relationships , ensuring professional communications and positive feedback
- Support the development of Pulse event and asset management solutions
- Support the Commercial Director in developing processes, systems and supporting materials for best in class
- Client Service Management, budget development and management and overall programme/project management Support in the Business Development process – in some cases leading the RFI/RFP/Pitch process and in other cases inputting to the development of the pitch/response
- Lead the UK football and tennis programmes including supporting and guiding the Project/Programme Managers in the following areas:
- Researching venues, hotels, transport and other potential suppliers
- Briefing and managing suppliers Preparing budgets for approval internally and with clients
- Managing budgets on ongoing basis
- Onsite management of the hospitality boxes at all venues, ensuring a positive guest experience at all times
- Distributing tickets, including invoicing and collecting payment
- Managing all merchandise stock kept onsite in Hampton Wick / other locations
- Planning, preparing and submitting merchandise orders, and when necessary liaising with suppliers invoicing and shipping to the client
- Recruiting and briefing matchday hosts
- Recruiting and briefing other project team members as required, e.g. transport, operations, F&B, hotel, etc.
- Managing matchday / extended stay operations including box management, transport, F&B, leisure, hosting team, gifting, ticketing, brand experience/overlay, guest comms, etc
- Building relationships with network of suitable suppliers for Annual Events Business hospitality programmes
- This is not an exhaustive list, and all team members will be expected to contribute to any other aspects of the program, as necessary.
- This will involve evening and weekend work supporting the team on matchdays and during tournament time and during busier event periods
The Skills and Experience you will need:
- Experience of managing clients / client programmes
- Ideally good football &/or tennis specific event/hospitality programme experience
- Sports marketing and events experience
- Budget management experience
- Advanced IT Skills, especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience of building and managing hospitality programmes
- Previous major event experience
- Excellent client management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload