Sales Director - Lagardère Sports (Africa BU) - Egyptian market
|Location||Paris, France - With frequent travels across Africa & Middle East|
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Business Development & Sales|
Lagardère Sports is a leading sports agency with a global network of local experts dedicated to delivering innovative solutions that meet our clients’ needs.
The Africa BU manages the sale of marketing and media rights as well as provide television production services for the Confédération Africaine de Football biggest tournaments, as well as managing the distribution of media rights and providing television production services for the 2018 FIFA World Cup African Qualifiers.
- Generating pan-African Sponsorship sales with significant revenues and strongly contribute to the teams sales targets by utilizing excellent presentation and negotiation skills,
- Proactive prospecting to generate high level meetings with potential sponsors,
- Manage, attend and steer meetings with potential new sponsors,
- Cooperate with the internal Global sales network in order to develop and grow relationships with existing sponsors on a pan-African scale,
- Responsibility to communicate across all corporate levels (including management),
- Constant reporting to President Football Africa in terms of sales activities, progress and pipeline,
- Consistent accurate usage and management of the company CRM database.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Sports and especially football minded team player with a strong knowledge of the sports industry,
- Minimum of five to ten years’ experience in sport sponsorships sales,
- Sales focused and target driven individual with a proven track record of working on high profile sponsorship deals,
- Well-developed network of key African (especially Egypt) and multinational brands,
- Strong self-starter with ability to convert leads and deliver partnerships under pressure,
- Ability to transfer brand insights into individual and highly efficient sales pitches to maximize pitch-win rate,
- Ability to adapt to multinational and cross-cultural issues,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English, Arabic and French essential and other languages preferred).
Lagardère Sports is a leading sport marketing agency, with a global network of local experts dedicated to delivering innovative solutions that meet our clients’ needs.