City Partnerships Manager - CWC19
We’re introducing this exciting role in the successful planning and delivery of spectator activations within the host cities of the Cricket World Cup 2019 in addition to the development of a stakeholder engagement program to facilitate the tournament plans. The purpose of the role is to deliver a quality spectator experience outside of the match venue by coordinating city operations with both internal and external stakeholders.
WHO WE ARE
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
You'll love this job if:
- You are a people-person and enjoy developing relationships across a number of stakeholders.
- You thrive and relish the opportunity to manage multiple projects at once.
- The spectator experience and journey at a world-leading event is your passion.
- You want to develop engaging spectator and community activities at both a local and national level.
You'll be doing:
- Developing and managing relationships with local authority and tourism bodies to ensure maximum leverage of the tournament in their city.
- Managing activity agency/agencies to deliver exceptional city-based spectator experience across the country.
- Managing and delivering a Look & Feel and Wayfinding program befitting of a major sporting event.
- Implementing rights packages for local/regional stakeholders and managing the activation of those rights with external stakeholders and the ICC.
- Working closely with other Functional Areas to deliver a city operation integrated into all-tournament plans.
- Chairing City Steering Groups with multiple stakeholders from all areas of the city & tournament.
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to develop strong relationships and influence outcomes across multi internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in planning and delivering major outdoor events with a clear understanding of and experience in, the workings of a sport event organising committee.
- Experience of working with local/regional authorities and/or in a city activation environment.
- Commercial acumen and insight into the current local and national economic climate with an ability to suggest pragmatic options to achieve objectives for all.
- Project management skills with the ability to oversee multiple projects and prioritise for excellence.
- Effective decision-making skills, developing practical solutions within a budget-conscious environment.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour within a small team.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days’ holiday per year.
- Private medical insurance.
- Non-contributory 8% pension.
- Life assurance.
- Free on-site gym.
- Subsidised on-site canteen.