IPC Legal Counsel (Sport and Regulation) (f/m/x)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Legal|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is a non-profit organisation based in Bonn, Germany and is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC owns and supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions.
The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with a disability from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Legal Counsel (sport and regulation) (f/m/x) at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, with a start date of September/October 2018.
- To act as the sport and regulatory lawyer for the IPC (including the IPC international federations), and to support the IPC’s General Counsel on all sport and regulatory matters.
- To represent the IPC in anti-doping, classification and ethics matters, including representing the IPC at hearings.
- To provide legal support and strategic advice to the ten IPC sports, including drafting and advising on rules and regulations, agreements for athletes and officials, hosting agreements for events, and sponsorship agreements.
- To provide general support to the IPC executive/staff by researching/answering discrete legal questions that arise in the normal course of business, including on governance, membership and data protection matters.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
The IPC Legal Counsel will report directly to the IPC General Counsel.
Competencies and qualifications:
The IPC is looking for a highly-driven and motivated candidate who will thrive in an international, fast-paced and exciting team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant legal qualifications (including at least two years of post-qualification experience).
- Excellent academic achievement and understanding of the law, including a strong grounding in and knowledge of contract law.
- Meaningful regulatory experience.
- Strong drafting skills and first-rate attention to detail.
- Sound judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including fluency in English (fluency in additional languages is an asset).
- Good interpersonal skills, professionalism and collegiality.
- An ability to work in sometimes difficult and pressured conditions, and to prioritise tasks appropriately and adapt to situational demands.
- A team-player attitude and ability to work independently but within a structured legal team.
- Relevant experience in the sports sector (especially Para sport) is an asset.
- Working knowledge of EU data protection laws is an asset.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter (including earliest possible start date and salary expectations in EUR) in English by clicking the apply button below
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.