World Para Sports Social Media Manager (f/m/x)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is a non-profit organisation and the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports (World Para Sports), for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time World Para Sports Social Media Manager (f/m/x) at the IPC HQ in Bonn, Germany, starting 1 July 2018 for a maternity cover (up to 16 months).
Reporting to the IPC Public Relations Senior Manager, these will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and update the digital media strategy for the nine World Para Sports, co-ordinating with stakeholders inside and outside of the organisation
- Manage and support the digital media team, ensuring strong communication and tone of voice across the World Para Sport’s 30+ channels
- Shape and deliver content plans for the accounts of World Para Sports which raise awareness, educate and engage people in Para sport and leading athletes
- Develop partnerships with social media platforms, digital tools, and digital media platforms
- Develop joint digital campaigns with sponsors and approve sponsor social media content
- Support and advise IPC members on best practice and growing their own digital media assets
- Take the lead on email marketing and video campaigns
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Be aware of the latest social media developments and contribute accordingly to the strategic direction of IPC digital media
- Develop monthly analytics performance reports and collate data that supports changes in tactics
- Develop the skills of the team that you will be responsible for
You should meet our requirements:
You must be a highly talented and enthusiastic individual who can fit into and complement an extremely busy and fast paced team responsible for promoting and raising awareness of the Paralympic Movement. Furthermore, you should have:
- Four to six years’ experience in social media, PR, communications, journalism, video production, including at least two years of managing a team.
- A keen interest in as well as advanced knowledge and experience with social media platforms, email marketing and video production
- Good knowledge and interest of sport
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- First-rate planning and organisational skills
- Be resourceful, pay attention to detail and be able to work equally as effectively independently or as part of a team
- Be creative, a quick learner and able to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to manage multiple projects at a time, work flexible hours and be willing to travel
- Fluent verbal and written command of the English language
- Possess a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English by clicking
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.