National Specialist Coach (In Possession) - 12 month Secondment/Fixed Term Contract
|Location||Burton upon Trent, UK|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
National Specialist Coach (In Possession)
12-month Secondment/Fixed term contract
Based at St George’s Park, near Burton upon Trent.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England and has the responsibility to promote and develop the game at all levels from grassroots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International team.
One of The FA seven strategic objectives is to be ‘A world-leading education programme for a diverse football workforce’. So, The FA has put coaching and the development of quality coaches at all levels, front and centre of its agenda and is taking some positive action to widen the diversity of the coaching talent pool.
The FA is committed to developing greater equality of opportunities ensuring that more BAME coaches are gaining essential experience to challenge for elite coaching and technical roles in football in the future.
Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) coaches continue to be significantly under-represented at the top levels of the game and The England Commission report highlights a need for long-term investment to redress this imbalance.
In collaboration with other National Coaches, you will work on the development and practical delivery of a comprehensive, world-leading coaching strategy. This will include team tactical and individual technical components which creates an inspirational learning experience for players and competitive advantages to England players and teams.
- In collaboration with other national coaches, support, develop and effectively deliver leading, innovative, evidence-based in possession tactical strategies and techniques within the England DNA framework
- Assist in the coordination of the consistent delivery of the other National Specialist Coaches and provide technical support for in possession coaches
- In collaboration with other national coaches and performance analysts, assist in the development of in possession metrics and statistics which facilitate the tracking of the team (system) and individual player (event) in possession performance.
- Analysis and coding of England team in possession performance to support team and player feedback and development
- In collaboration with other national coaches, assist in the development and delivery of detailed position and individual-specific training programmes which improve the in possession techniques of players for International Football
- Assist in the writing and delivery of the in possession components of individual International player development training programmes which define clear objectives, benchmarks and methods of improvement for International Football
- Inspiring, world-class on and off-field delivery of in possession strategies to teams, units and individual players
- Assist in the delivery and development of technical and tactical components of transition from defence to attack for defined national teams.
- Track, support and develop players with the England Development pathway
- Assist in the development of player and club/league relationships through a structured club visit and engagement programme
- Assist in the planning, delivering and reviewing of up to 10 events per year based on the role of a National Specialist coach
You will be an outstanding coach with a track record of consistent and successful management and development of players, elite coaches and multidisciplinary staff in an Academy or other elite environments. You will possess an excellent knowledge and experience of working within the EPPP.
With minimum qualifications of the UEFA A Licence, and ideally the FA Advanced Youth Award, you are a member of the Licenced Coaches Club and have strong evidence of continued professional development throughout your career.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 21st May 2018. Please note that interviews will be held at St George’s Park, Burton on Trent on 25th/26th June 2018.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.