Coach Inclusion & Diversity ManagerCoach Inclusion & Diversity Manager
|Location||Burton upon Trent, UK|
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Strategy & Research|
Coach Inclusion & Diversity Manager
Based at St George’s Park, Burton upon Trent
Closing date: Midnight Monday 28th May 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Win the World Cup’s in 2022 & 2023 and sustain success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
Overview of the role:
This key role coordinates coach diversity and inclusion initiatives within FA Education and England Teams, in support of FA wide targets and investment delivering an improved representation of BAME and female coaches.
There are three core elements to this role and key responsibilities include:
Coordinating Bursary programmes for BAME and Female coach qualifications from level 1-5:
- Organise/oversee the bursary application and manage the shortlisting processes for both Grassroots & Pro Game bursaries
- Coordinate with Grassroots and Pro Game Delivery Teams to ensure bursary holders are given priority access to courses.
- Provide support and advice to bursary holders, including one face to face support day per season
- Track, monitor and report bursary population status on a monthly basis, in conjunction with Finance and the FA Education Monitoring & Evaluation team, using accepted ‘golden-source’ data systems
- Coordinate with Sport England to ensure all bursary funding is fully utilised on awards each season
Lead the FA’s coach development programmes for BAME and Female coaches;
- Programmes including, but not limited to Elite Coach Menteeship programme, National Specialist Coach Development Programme, and PFA / FA BAME England ‘active and observer’ placements with England National Teams.
- Lead the annual recruitment process for Elite Mentees and National Specialist Coach Mentees.
- Design, deliver and manage the annual work programme for Elite Mentees and National Specialist Coach Mentees. Liaise with Pro Game / Grassroots Delivery Teams and National Teams to provide an effective 12/18 month programme
- Liaise with clubs where necessary to ensure external placements opportunities are available, as applicable
- Manage four Elite Coach mentees and National Specialist Coach Mentees per season; setting objectives and coordinating performance feedback,
- Assist National Team coaching staff with objective setting and development plans for BAME / Female coaches attending ‘active and observer’ placements, as agreed between the FA and PFA.
- Organise the end of programme Graduation event for Mentees and coordinate the Elite Mentee Alumni
- Plan and deliver an annual Careers Event in support of BAME and female coaches aspiring to work in the professional game
Assist the FA’s Head of Diversity & Inclusion with internal / external relations and ambassadorial support;
- Promote the FA’s Diversity & Inclusion programmes with key external stakeholders. Including, but not limited to the Football League, Premier League, Professional Footballer’s Association and League Manager’s Association.
- Attend internal and external working groups as required, to update on policy, progress and key messages.
- Manage any external consultants/ambassadors, employed by the FA Technical Directorate for coach diversity and inclusion work, as applicable.
- Represent the Diversity and Inclusion agenda on FA Education’s senior leadership team
What we are looking for:
- UEFA B Coaching Licence & FA Licenced Coach status
- Masters degree in coaching related area (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge of the current FA / UEFA syllabi and current issues that impact upon the development of players
- Experience of event/project management
- Organisation and communication skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.