Membership Engagement Co-ordinator – Asia (f/m/x)
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors, Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Summer and Winter Games and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sports opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic aspiration and values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of an IPC Membership Engagement Co-ordinator – Asia (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural, international team at the IPC headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting in June/July 2018.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the IPC and our members, developing relationships, providing responsive support and driving engagement in IPC activities and events, with a focus on Asia Ensure that the needs of our members are well represented within the IPC through close collaboration with relevant IPC departments and the Agitos Foundation Work with our members to enhance their governance – helping them build sustainable structures and strategies to support their Para Athletes, in line with the IPC Handbook and IPC Strategic Plan, with the support of International Federations, National Governments and other key stakeholders Support the coordination of key international events including the IPC General Assembly, Membership Gathering and NPC Services at the Paralympic Games Execute and support other tasks or projects related to Membership
You should meet our requirements:
You must be a talented individual who finds inspiration in the IPC’s vision and aspiration. You also must be someone who thrives under pressure and can complement extremely busy colleagues in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment.
Furthermore, you should
- Have a university-level degree in a related field, such as International Relations, Communications, Sport or Management
- Have proven working experience in a related industry, preferably in a multi-cultural environment in Asia and/or working with Asian stakeholders (sports event experience is a plus)
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills in English (additional languages are a plus)
- Possess strong relationship-building, diplomacy and problem-solving skills
- Can manage multiple tasks, set priorities and maintain deadlines
- Be independent, resourceful and adaptable
- Be willing to travel internationally and work flexible hours during events
- Have an excellent knowledge of productivity tools incl. Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Have a deep passion and commitment to work for the Paralympic Movement
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.