Digital Product Manager (1 year FTC)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs, Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
Digital Product Manager
(1 year FTC)
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th May 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
To support product development for the Digital Engagement Programme. This role will work with external digital agencies & the internal team to ensure participant and internal stakeholder requirements are successfully captured and implemented across a number of digital products (apps, websites etc.)
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the delivery of engaging, informative and innovative digital experiences for specific target audience personas
- Serve as the key point of contact working with our digital agencies to detail and define requirements
- Use analytical evaluation & conduct competitor analysis or research to support product recommendations & design.
- Leverage best practise examples to deliver excellent customer experiences (UX/UI) primarily for mobile-led products
- Support and capture internal stakeholder requirements from across The FA organisation
- Support The FA lead and work with the external organisations to develop user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Quality control (via Show & Tell) the development of the digital products from a user experience and FA stakeholder perspective.
- Support, from an FA perspective, the development of a suitable test plan to gather feedback and insights on the digital products during the development process and prior to and post MVP release.
- Develop and support new product collateral for newly launched products working with internal marketing and communications team to ensure new digital initiatives are supported across the business
- Support the subsequent backlog prioritisation
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet The FA Group’s changing priorities and strategic goals
What we are looking for:
- Good understanding of what makes a good digital experience across mobile or web
- Experience launching and managing both iOS and Android apps
- Excellent understanding of customer centric user experiences
- Experience of digital development methodologies and processes including agile
- Demonstrable contribution to the successful creation of quality digital products
- Great communication skills, including the ability to present to senior stakeholders
- A good degree of technical knowledge across mobile and web
- Clear drive and determination to complete tasks on time and to a high standard
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple products in different stages at the same time
- A keen interest and passion for innovation and technology
- Experience working on digital products that included integrated marketing suite functionality.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills with an expert eye for detail
- Possess an understanding of sports organisations & participants or equivalent industry (e.g. entertainment, education)
- Experience working with an external agency / third party suppliers
- Product management experience for mass consumer digital products
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.