Event Hospitality Programme Manager - Japanese/English Speaking
iLUKA, part of the CSM Sports & Entertainment group, is a specialised agency, developing and delivering coordinated strategic activations for sponsors and other stakeholders at global events.
We are experts in executing cutting edge event hospitality experiences born from intelligent strategic direction. Our heritage is big events for big companies looking for strategic and measured solutions which focus on creating unforgettable experiences for stakeholders integral to sponsors success.
Our experience working with Sponsors, Organising Committees, International Sporting Federations, Governing Bodies and City stakeholders enables us to develop our clients sponsorship story to ensure that activations maximise the communication of their messages as well as guide global teams and their local markets through the unique complexities of delivering effectively at global events.
We look for people who are high energy, comfortable working potentially long hours in a demanding but rewarding and friendly environment. The successful candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic, confident and outgoing. You willing enjoy rolling your sleeves up and get involved. Key skills for all roles include being able to work in a calm, professional manner in a pressured environment and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload.
We are looking for an experienced bilingual Japanese/English Programme Manager to work with us on a contract basis until the end of the Tokyo 2020 Games. The Program Manager is responsible for planning and delivery of the assigned sponsor programme or a component of a larger sponsor programme.
What you will be doing
- Support and lead, at times, in design and detailed planning of the program and strategies for delivery
- Work with the client to understand in detail the guests movements and ensure all information and operational planning documents are kept updated
- Update all itineraries, briefing documents and communications as and when changes occur
- Working with operations department plan and manage all program elements including Hotel, Ticketing, F&B, Transport, Premiums, Print and Production, Onsite offices, Accreditation.
- Progressing all program management team areas of responsibility until dedicated resources are on-boarded
- Develop guest experience in line with client aims and local market knowledge pre event, and actively manage the guest experience onsite
- Develop and manage project timelines
- Advise clients on deadlines in timely manner
- Develop and manage relationships with venue managers and the Organising Committee
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers
- Develop training / operational manuals to ensure team has thorough knowledge of all procedures
- Oversee all aspects of operational delivery
- Coordinate guest travel in partnership with a designated travel agency
- Budget management & reconciliation
- This is not an exhaustive list, and all team members will be expected to contribute to any other aspects of the program, as necessary.
The Skills and Experience you need
- Bilingual in Japanese/English
- Proven experience in a hospitality program management role
- Ideally experience within the Olympic Games
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong time management skills with ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent client liaison skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and a willingness to lead by example
- Advanced computer & budgetary skills
- Proactive, positive approach to all tasks and a high degree of reliability