FIFA Communications Manager
- To plan and manage the delivery of FIFA communications campaigns.
- Abu Dhabi Sport Council
- External Clients
- Third Parties
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager and Marketing & Communications
- Assistant Director to set a comprehensive Communications strategy in line with all other marketing, operations and ticketing strategies and plans for the FIFA Club World Cup UAE 2017.
- Implement an integrated media outreach plan to drive awareness of the tournament amongst local and regional media.
- Work with the marketing communications team to define and execute the marketing communications strategy.
- Responsible for managing the communications & PR agency for the 2017 tournament.
- Ensure high level of awareness and tournament visibility among core targets (Media and the general public – Fans).
- Create event-specific communication plans reflective of the agreed marketing campaign and experiential activities.
- Establish and manage a strong and effective internal communication channel among the LOC team to ensure easy information flow and access is viable to all.
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager in the development of content for all digital platforms.
- Work with FIFA to deliver and manage content calendars for social media.
- Assist with regional and local media accreditation in conjunction with FIFA.
- Plan, execute and coordinate media events and press conferences to mark key milestones throughout the road leading up to the tournament to include but not limited to tickets on sale launch and the official draw event.
- Assist in the implementation of FIFA media activities at the Tournament, including FIFA press conferences, team press conferences, match press conferences and player interviews, training sessions, etc.
- Manage day-to-day media requests and ensure International and local Arabic and English media are updated with tournament-related news and activities.
- Ensure media trends analysis and coverage is monitored regularly and results are made available to key internal stakeholders and any issues or concerns are brought to the attention of the Marketing & Communications Assistant Director immediately.
- Manage communications and PR budget to ensure all activities are delivered within budget.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent content across the qualified teams in their regions.
- Manage all content requirements with FIFA for photography and filming.
- Oversee and manage the Content Coordinator and Media Manager.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills and in-depth understanding of events and media industry.
- Working in a matrix environment requires a strong communicator with excellent influencing, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Motivate and manage the communication to deliver on time, budget and at the required standard of quality.
- Skilled in coordinating the flow of information and communication between staff, consultants and senior management, with the ability to effectively manage time and work to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including the ability to draft understandable, clear and consistent documents on topics within the areas of responsibility).
- Will have a high degree of integrity and a high sense of personal and professional ethics.
- Ability to consider and advise on the consequences of various courses of action, including an understanding of the repercussions on other activities.
- Ability to engender confidence of management and exercise good judgment in handling sensitive information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, organize priorities and meet deadlines.
- Detailed attention to the quality of deliverables.
- Desire and ability to a demonstrated initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, by being thorough and responsible.
- Ability to proofread and review accurately (Prepare and review copies, marketing collateral, contracts, etc.).
- Excellent process skills, analyze and standardize workflows.
- High level of stress tolerance.
- Excellent negotiation skills by being assertive and respectful.
- Bachelor's degree in English/Arabic language, Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Management, Media Relations.
- Certified marketing training (Chartered Institute of Marketing, etc.).
- 7+ years of demonstrated excellence in a dynamic, creative, multi-faceted communication event management role.
- Experience with budget forecasting and tracking.