AFC Senior Communications Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
- To plan and manage the delivery of AFC communications campaigns.
- Creation & Delivery of Communications Strategy for AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019
- Coordinate Communication Plan with Abu Dhabi Sports Council
- Lead PR & Communications Agency (external)
- Coordinate PR & Communications Strategy with AFC, ADSC and internally
- Support Marketing & Communications Strategy through PR & Communications
- Abu Dhabi Sport Council
- External Clients
- Third Parties
- Work with the marketing communications team to define and execute the marketing communications strategy.
- Create and implement an integrated media outreach plan to drive awareness of the tournament amongst local and regional media.
- Responsible for managing the PR & communications agency for the 2019 tournament.
- Ensure a high level of awareness and tournament visibility among core targets of Football Fans, Communities from the qualified countries and General Public.
- Create event-specific communication plans reflective of the agreed marketing campaign and experiential activities.
- Establish and manage a strong and effective internal communication channel among the Local Organising Committee team to ensure easy information flow and access is viable to all.
- Support the digital team within the development of content for all digital platforms.
- Work with AFC to deliver and manage content calendars for PR and social media.
- Coordinate Media content & activities with Abu Dhabi Sports Council.
- Assist with regional and local media accreditation in conjunction with AFC.
- Plan, execute and coordinate media events and press conferences to mark key milestones throughout the road leading up to the tournament to include but not limited to the Official Ancillary Event draw event and the ticket launch.
- Assist in the implementation of AFC media activities at the Tournament, including AFC press conferences, team press conferences, match press conferences and player interviews, training sessions, etc.
- Coordinate operations of Media facilities during the tournament with Media Operations team.
- Optimize creative execution to the content calendar and media relation activities
- Point of contact for AFC Media Managers.
- Manage day-to-day media requests and ensure International and local Arabic and English media are updated with tournament-related news and activities.
- Ensure media trends analysis and coverage is monitored regularly and results are made available to key internal stakeholders and any issues or concerns are brought to the attention of the Assistant Director Marketing & Communications immediately.
- Develop advertorial plans to partner with radios, TVs and print and online press.
- Manage communications and PR budget to ensure all activities are delivered within budget.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent content across the qualified teams in their regions.
- Manage all content requirements with AFC for photography and filming.
- Oversee and manage the Content Coordinator and Media Manager.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills and in-depth understanding of events and media industry.
- Working in a matrix environment requires a strong communicator with excellent influencing, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Motivate and manage the communication to deliver on time, budget and at the required standard of quality.
- Skilled in coordinating the flow of information and communication between staff, consultants and senior management, with the ability to effectively manage time and work to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including the ability to draft understandable, clear and consistent documents on topics within the areas of responsibility).
- Will have a high degree of integrity and a high sense of personal and professional ethics.
- Ability to consider and advise on the consequences of various courses of action, including an understanding of the repercussions on other activities.
- Ability to engender confidence of management and exercise good judgment in handling sensitive information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, organize priorities and meet deadlines.
- Detailed attention to the quality of deliverables.
- Desire and ability to the demonstrated initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, by being thorough and responsible.
- Ability to proofread and review accurately (Prepare and review copies, marketing collateral, contracts, etc.).
- Excellent process skills, analyze and standardize workflows.
- High level of stress tolerance.
- Excellent negotiation skills by being assertive and respectful.
- Bachelor's degree in English/Arabic language, Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Management, Media Relations.
- Certified marketing training (Chartered Institute of Marketing, etc.).
- 7+ years of demonstrated excellence in a dynamic, creative, multi-faceted communication event management role.
- Experience with budget forecasting and tracking