Transport & Logistics Manager - CWC19
We’re introducing this exciting role to lead on the Transport and Logistics operation of ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
You'll Love this Job If
- You are a clear communicator who can establish strong professional relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external and seeks to resolve any arising issues in line with wider objectives.
- You are detailed and outcome focussed always seeking efficient ways to deliver.
- You thrive managing multiple projects in an exciting environment where no two days are alike.
- You have an unshakeable can-do attitude.
You'll be Doing
- Working with the Head of Tournament Services, designing the overall Transport and Logistics Strategy for Teams, Match Officials and key tournament stakeholders and then successfully delivering on that strategy.
- Establishing service levels to be provided in line with the transport and logistics strategy and in line with the allocated budget.
- Ensuring any changes to Tournament transport requirements are administered in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Tournament Fleet Manager, review all CWC2019 hotels, venues and cities current transport/parking plans in terms of service level and security and aligning to Tournament and Stakeholder specific requirements.
- Sourcing vehicles, drivers, trains, warehousing, parking, fuel cards, tolls and other identified requirements for all transport and logistics movements throughout the tournament (excluding fleet requirements and delivery).
- Working with the appointed transport and logistics provider(s) and ICC Suppliers ensuring that all team and match official vehicles are branded in time and within budget.
- Be responsible for coach driver and transport and logistics volunteer training in conjunction with the Volunteers team and appointed Team Support Staff.
- Evaluating current operations and creating a Functional Transport and Logistics Operating Plan for all CWC2019 Teams and Match Officials at every venue/city providing consistency of service level across the tournament.
- Working closely with the other internal Functional Areas including City Transport and Venue Delivery to deliver a transport and logistics operation that is integrated into all Tournament plans.
- Leading by example, directing, motivating and supporting members of the Tournament Transport and Logistics Team, including supporting the implementation of agreed transport and logistics services at designated city and venue locations at Tournament Time.
- Contributing to Tournament wide coordination and reporting at Tournament Time, and lead on transport and logistics related briefings, coordination and issue resolution throughout the Tournament.
- Working within the agreed business planning framework, using the CWC19 programme management methodologies, documentation and reporting tools.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering transport and Logistics in a major international sporting event, with a clear understanding of and experience in, the workings of a sport event organising committee; experience working directly with team transport and logistics will be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills, with a strong attention to detail in the preparation of documents and reports; advanced Microsoft office skills are a necessity
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to develop strong relationships and influence outcomes across multiple stakeholders
- Clear and effective decision-making skills, developing practical solutions within a budget conscious environment.
- Project management skills with the ability to oversee multiple projects and prioritise for continual improvement.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour within a small team
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days’ holiday.
- Health Insurance.
- Non-contributory 8% pension.
- Life Assurance.
- Free on-site gym.
- Subsidised canteen.
- 30% discount on New Balance items.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.