Blood Collection Officer
|Sector||Leisure & Health, Science & Medicine|
|Function||Events & Operations, Medicine & Science, Anti-Doping, Doctor, Clinical Services, Sport & Exercise Science Services|
BCOs are required to act as an independent worker on behalf of UK Anti-Doping (UKAD). BCOs are required to collect blood samples in accordance with WADA’s International Standard for Testing and Investigations (ISTI). Conducting blood sample collection procedures will involve taking blood samples from Athletes and ensuring the correct aftercare procedures are conducted. Samples should be kept in a suitable condition until transferred to an authorised representative of UKAD.
BCOs will also be requested to fulfil the duties of a Chaperone including; notification of Athletes selected for an anti-doping test, chaperoning of selected Athletes to the Doping Control Station (DCS), witnessing urine sample provision and the completion of administration duties in accordance with the UKAD Doping Control Handbook.
Qualifications / Skills
- Qualified, trained, active and experienced phlebotomist
- Comprehensive and up-to-date First Aid knowledge
- Sensitivity, understanding and calmness under pressure
- Ability to carry out detailed administrative tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to work with confidential information
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Sound judgement and decision-making capability
- Ability to use own initiative within a procedural framework
- Conflict management skills in a stressful environment
- Organisational skills for people and activities
To apply please complete a UK Anti-Doping Application Form along with an Equal Opportunities Form outlining how you meet the person specification, and submit to email@example.com by 5:00pm, Friday 18 May 2018. Please note CVs and/ or covering letters will not be accepted.
UK Anti-Doping (UKAD)
UKAD is the national organisation dedicated to protecting a culture of clean sport.