Marketing Operations Manager
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors, Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Events & Operations, Marketing & Communications|
The sports industry is now a truly global business with GlobalSportsJobs firmly positioned as the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform across Europe, The Middle East and Asia partnering sports organisations looking to either sustain or accelerate growth in both their local and international markets. Our four digital platforms (English, French, German and Mandarin) provide clients with the opportunity to engage directly with 200,000+ professionals across all functions and sectors.
We are looking for a marketing operations professional with a background in Marketing Automation, CRM and data management.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Operations, you will be responsible for marketing-related data management and development, reporting and analytics roadmap development and implementation; focused on driving the development of the business’s data ambitions.
You will also collaborate with the digital marketing team to ensure adherence to the overall marketing strategy while responsible for implementing new processes and structure to increase the efficiencies and effectiveness of our activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for constructing key marketing & operations reporting and monitoring mechanisms, including dashboards, analytics and reports.
- Responsible for marketing process leadership through implementing processes and methodologies to ensure effective and efficient output across teams and company functions primarily within marketing and sales.
- Responsible for marketing technology infrastructure ownership, including managing collaborations with third-party marketing software providers, IT and systems suppliers, sales and other functions as needed.
- Manage customer data life cycle. Responsible for audit, process management and optimisation of all data sets and flows to ensure data is at the core of business operations and strategy.
- Develop robust and effective operational marketing processes to support the development, delivery and measurement of both B2C and B2B campaigns, partnerships and associated marketing activities.
- Maintain general systems housekeeping standards for marketing and operational systems such as managing, auditing, and overseeing directories and assets.
- Responsible for technical design, scoping and planning activities to support business requirements and work closely with teams to define, plus implement new systems and product features.
- Responsible for management and development of underlying data structures, flows and analytics to support ongoing optimisation of Marketing Automation opportunities in order to further increase the scalability and reliability of our digital marketing activities.
- Website management: effective management of platforms (B2B and B2C) and implementing ongoing developments to support ongoing product innovation, customer UX and data management.
- Advise on best practices and provide guidance, training and expertise to functional marketing team members.
- 3-5 years digital marketing operations experience, with proven experience in data management & digital marketing.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, relevant project management qualification a plus.
- Previous Project Management experience in a digital / creative / technology environment.
- A passion and demonstrable knowledge for technology, data and analytics.
- Detailed experience of working with digital marketing management/automation/ integration software (such as Dotmailer, Hubspot, Hotjar, tableau, Salesforce etc) .
- Practical and strategic digital content marketing campaigning experience and a comprehensive knowledge of digital channel marketing (social, content, email etc).
- Experience with inbound marketing/sales methodologies and knowledge of implementation strategies.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, a confident communicator able to operate at all levels within the business.
- Experience working with agile methodologies is beneficial.
- Experience managing in-house teams and third-party relationships for systems implementation and integration.
- Able to manage multiple projects and teams to tight timescales.
- Excellent native English language skills (spoken and written), other languages a plus.
- Programming and advanced creative suite skills are a plus.
GlobalSportsJobs is the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform for the international sports industry, helping organisations across all sectors source a greater quality and diversity of talent.