Senior Manager, Human Resources (HR)
Senior Manager, Human Resources (HR)
Group: Human Resources and Corporate Services (HRCS)
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
Location: WADA Headquarters, Montreal, Canada
Posting deadline: May 20, 2018 (9:00 EST)
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Manager, Human Resources with critical thinking skills, solution oriented mindset and excellent interpersonal skills. In a changing and growing environment, this person will continually demonstrate the ability to collaborate, support and bring value to the employees and WADA.
Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, this incumbent is responsible for delivering both tactical and strategic Human Resources services and support to all employees in the functional areas of Employee Relations, Recruitment and Selection, On-Boarding, Training and Development, Performance Management and Policy Awareness. This new position will also be responsible for the communication and consistent application of WADA’s policies and procedures, as well as the development of practices and programs that align with WADA’s objectives.
- Act as a first line of HR support for WADA’s global workforce in resolution of a wide variety of employee issues – actively triaging, resolving, and/or escalating each item;
- Provide coaching and advice to managers and employees, and work to resolve employee relations issues (concerns, complaints, disciplinary actions, etc.) quickly;
- Ensure consistent and fair policy and practice application;
- Liaise with the CAO and other HR team members to interpret and respond to inquiries on HR policies and procedures, and adhere to documented procedures;
- Collaborate with the HR team members and support delivering quality services and effective communication of HR services and programs to employees;
- Respond to employee requests and questions in a timely manner.
Training and Development/Performance Management:
- Manage and coordinate the performance evaluation process (PEP) and support department leaders with career path and employee development, and recommend appropriate tools and/or programs;
- Source and deliver training programs and provide advice and resources on training/education/career development options;
- Conduct training needs analysis where appropriate and ensure the tracking and reporting of all training/developmental activities;
- Be responsible for all Quebec Law 90 reporting.
Talent acquisition and New Hire/Termination Process:
- Manage requisitions, source candidates, screen resumes;
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews and recommend viable candidates;
- Prepare offers and ready successful candidates for start date, onboarding, etc.
- Launch processes to effectively onboard new employees and offboard individuals separating from the Agency.
Project & Process Management:
- Collaborate with the CAO to develop, implement and maintain new and existing HR policies, procedures, programs and best practices;
- Lead and/or participate in process and policy improvement initiatives;
- Update HR policies and procedures, Employee Manual, Induction Program, etc.
HR Services Administration:
- Prepare correspondence which includes but is not limited to offers of employment, employment contracts, disciplinary actions/letters and termination documentation;
- Update HR Information System (HRIS) as needed;
- Maintain employee electronic/personal files in accordance with applicable legal requirements;
- Analyze and create reports and HR metrics for current HR programs;
- Advise on HR industry trends.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field and/or relevant experience;
- CHRA and/or other HR designation is an asset;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar role;
- Experience in employee relations required;
- Experience in an international, multicultural organization or company;
- Bilingual written and spoken (French/English);
- Additional language skills an asset;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to set priorities, multitask and a great sense of organization and time management;
- Proven track record in implementing HR initiatives;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Ability to maintain confidential information;
- Discretion and tact;
- Solid working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Familiarity with HRIS systems;
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Fit with culture and organization values e.g. teamwork, team spirit and love of sport.
(40) % - Provide ongoing support and direction to all levels of employees regarding employee relations, conflict resolution, disciplinary process, WADA policies & procedures.
(30) % - Support and collaboration on HR Team initiatives including monthly and annual HR Metrics & reporting, employee communications, employee engagement activities, performance management and review process development and management.
(20) % - Full life cycle recruiting support, including position management and validation, posting, screening/interviewing, offer process and pre- and post-onboarding activities.
(10) % - Perform other duties as requested.