The Organising Committee for the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games (" Paris 2024 ") is looking for a Communication Manager to join the Communications Department.
According to the Host City Contract, signed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the City of Paris and the French Olympic Committee (CNOSF), Paris 2024 is responsible for:
- Plan, organise, fund and deliver Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games, and associated events;
- Promote Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games in France and internationally;
- Ensure the sustainability of Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games ;
- Maximise the positive impact and legacy of the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Communications Department is responsible for ensuring Paris 2024 communication, information and promotion before and during the Games. The department works with all Directorates to ensure consistent communication and relevant content on the project is shared with all internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Communication Director, the Communication Manager will be part of the design, organisation and implementation of actions provided by the strategic plan defined by the Communication Director and the General Management of Paris 2024. He / she will be part of important element of Paris 2024 and will play a key role in ensuring that Paris 2024 reflects a positive image and creates engagement.
Precision, multitasking and reactivity are required to be able to think, produce the content and follow the communication actions set by the Organising Committee.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Communications Manager will :
- Write content and provide communication tools
- Manage and monitor press relations
- Co-ordinate and plan the Management’s actions
- Report to the Communications Director on ongoing projects
Qualifications, skills and qualifications required
- Significant experience in media management, if possible for sport, cultural or economic event
- Precision, excellence and attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Curiosity and openness
- Social skills
- Creativity and ability to propose original and innovative ideas
- Autonomy and multitasking to face up to unforeseen events
- Reactivity and flexibility to be able to adapt to different contexts and sequences managed with a tight flow
- Ability to work in an emergency and under severe stress conditions
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office suite
- High level of fluency in French (written and spoken)
- Interest in sport and a good knowledge of the Olympic and Paralympic environment would be additional assets.