Project Manager, Tournament Readiness and Coordination
We’re introducing this role to lead on the development and implementation of a Tournament wide operational readiness strategy and programme, that ensures internal and external stakeholders are prepared and ready to deliver an outstanding, safe and successful Tournament. The role also supports the wider Operations Team through development and maintenance of a detailed programme plan, with associated monitoring and reporting.
Who we are:
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
You'll love this job if:
- You have a passion for delivering the best, whilst establishing new benchmarks and standards.
- You are outcome focused, with an eye to innovate and seek efficient and cost-effective ways to deliver a range of support services to stakeholders.
- You are a clear communicator that leads by example and establishes strong professional relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- You have an unshakable can-do attitude.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
You'll be doing:
- Developing the strategic objectives and Functional Area operations plan for Tournament Readiness and Coordination, aligned to ICC and key stakeholder requirements.
- Leading on the development and implementation of an organisation wide operational readiness programme, including delivery of activities, desktop simulations and test events that ensure effective cross-organisation and stakeholder collaboration to deliver an outstanding, safe and successful Tournament.
- Designing and leading exercises that aid in moving the organisation from a planning state to the position of being ready to deliver all operational requirements of the Tournament.
- Establishing the strategy for Tournament wide coordination and reporting for Tournament Time, including the implementation of policies and procedures, and an agreed communication, command and control structure operating in conjunction with key delivery partners.
- Developing and maintaining a readiness checklist, identifying all key elements of operational delivery; monitoring progress to ensure sufficient organisation wide readiness and integration.
- Supporting all Functional Areas within the Operations Team for the development, monitoring and implementation of an effective programme plan that achieves cross-organisation and stakeholder integration.
- Leading on identification of risks and issues within the Operations Team, aligned to the agreed wider Tournament programme management process; developing appropriate mitigation plans and monitoring alignment with agreed client service levels.
- Contributing to the identified Venue and City Planning process to ensure consistent, seamless integration and delivery of all operational elements across the organisation.
- Delivering briefings on relevant operational readiness and Tournament Time coordination to CWC2019 staff, the ICC, identified venues and other key stakeholders, prior to and during the Tournament as identified.
- Working within the agreed business planning framework, using the CWC19 programme management methodologies, documentation and tools; closely collaborating with the Programme Management Team.
- Extensive strategic and operational experience in planning and delivering international events, with cricket knowledge and tournament operations a distinct advantage.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and decision-making skills, liaising with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the business, with a focus on achieving integrated plans and operational efficiencies.
- A focus on establishing, maintaining and positively leveraging effective internal and external stakeholder relationships, including with the ICC, venues, cities and appointed contractors.
- Experience working within a multi-dimensional large-scale project or series of projects within a fixed time frame and high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated an ability to support a diverse Team, whilst ensuring achievement of organisational wide alignment and programme management.
- A strong attention to detail in the preparation of planning documents, systems and reports.
- A team player approach, be resourceful and possess the ability to demonstrate initiative; still seeking advice or support when required.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour; understanding the ever-changing events environment which will include unsociable hours.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday.
- Private medical insurance.
- Non-contributory 8% pension.
- Life assurance.
- Free on-site gym.
- Subsidised on-site canteen.