Project Manager, ITN (International Tennis Number)
3 days left
- Full Time
The Integrity & Development department is responsible for the development of tennis worldwide, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Doping, Science and Medicine, and Technical (equipment) aspects of the sport. It is also responsible for Rules of Tennis, ITF Constitution and governance. The Development Department is responsible for increasing the quality of, and participation in, tennis in the ITF’s member National Associations, from the first introduction to the sport up to, and including, the transition from junior to professional status. This responsibility is encapsulated in our mission to increase the number and standard of players worldwide.
Purpose of the role
Project management of the development and introduction of the new International Tennis Federation Rating (ITN) initiative. This role will be based within the Integrity & Development department and will report to the Head of Participation and Coaching,
- Manage the implementation of a new “ITF Rating” for all ITF stakeholders.
- Create an international amateur competition structure linked to the ITF Rating.
- Develop the ITF Rating in conjunction with an ‘app’ to facilitate data capturing.
- Responsibility for supporting ITF Rating related projects undertaken by the Integrity & Development Department
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison between the Executive Director, the relevant committees and ITF departments, and the National and Regional Associations to plan, develop and implement the project.
Work with ITF departments and teams, including but not limited to:
- ICT – to develop and implement an efficient and effective Rating system for players, which are compatible with both external (NAs) and internal systems including the ITF database (“Baseline”), the ITF Tournament Management System (“TMS”) and the ITF’s web services;
- Data Rights – to ensure that all contractual obligations related to the ITF data protection policy continue to be achieved;
- Legal – to provide consultative briefings relevant to Development operations (Rules and Regulations and Code of Conduct);
- Communications – to assist, as required, with the development and implementation of an effective stakeholder strategy for the National and Regional Associations, Tournament Organisers, players and others;
- Commercial – to assist, as required, with the creation of an effective commercial strategy to better promote the Development activity to prospective sponsors.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director to ensure all committees are properly informed and consulted ensuring the strategic and operational goals set by the committees are achieved.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external authorities (Regional and National Associations) to ensure the ITF’s Development interests are professionally represented.
- To attend external meetings and conferences on behalf of the ITF
Strategy, Project Planning & Management
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the ITF, with particular emphasis on the Development programme through the preparation and presentation of strategy documents to committees and the Board, as requested.
- To attend regular meetings with representatives of the different departments regarding the objectives and progress of projects
- Control and manage the impact of changes to scope, budget and timescales through a defined change management process.
- Identify and facilitate the resolution of project issues, recognising interdependencies and escalating where appropriate.
- Identify and mitigate risks - escalating where appropriate.
- Define and implement project communications plan to keep stakeholders at all levels regularly informed.
- Produce communication strategies regarding the proposed business solution and its roll-out.
- Manage testing and deployment of project deliverables and updates in close cooperation with stakeholders.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Demonstrable project management experience. Project management qualifications preferred.
- Strong communication skills and experience in dealing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- In depth understanding of the most relevant national and international tennis rating systems
- Comprehensive understanding of the most relevant sport rating systems (i.e. golf rating, etc.).
- Familiar with algorithms specifically created for rating systems.
- Extensive knowledge of competition systems and formats at national and international levels.
- Wide expertise in tournament organisation (i.e. rules of tennis, tournament regulations, etc.).
- Proven knowledge of most used apps for increasing participation, exercise and sports engagement in general and tennis playing in particular.
- Strong attention to detail, methodical and results orientated.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; additional European language(s) are desirable but not essential.
- Core hours 9.15am -5.15pm Mon – Fri with an hour lunch break
- Salary on request
- Lunch provided by the ITF (up to £7 per day) at on-site facilities
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private healthcare and life assurance
- Ride2Work scheme (in conjunction with Evans Cycles)
This job specification should in no way be deemed a complete and definitive description of the job requirements. Responsibilities may be expanded or reduced at any time as deemed appropriate by the senior leadership team.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK on application. A DBS check may be required of the successful applicant.