Communications & Marketing Assistant
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events management company specialising in professional sailing, running and cycling. It manages competitive teams and provides consultancy to brands, host venues and other events. Our offices in France, Switzerland, the UK and USA, form the OC Sport Group.
Outdoor Events Overview
Our Outdoor Events are a growing portfolio and include market leading cycling and running events. The Haute Route conceived in 2011, offers amateur riders the highest and toughest cyclosportives across the most iconic cols in the world (Pyrenees, Alps, and Rockies), with additional 3-day events. The iconic Harmony Geneva Marathon for Unicef is one of the fastest growing marathons in Europe and is our flagship marathon event. The La Tour Geneva Triathlon and the Geneva 20km by Genève Aéroport are returning in 2017 with many race formats and distances on offer.
Marketing & Communications Assistants work closely to support all the activities of the media, communication and marketing team. This in-house team delivers a professional communications service including: PR, media liaison & communication, marketing, production of media & marketing materials, social media, website maintenance & content, distribution of digital content, database management and media monitoring & evaluation. Ideal candidates will be creative and have a real passion for a career in communications or marketing as evidenced in academic studies, experience or interests.
This position holds a fair degree of responsibility and you will be expected to carry out the work requested proactively and efficiently. The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Processing mail outs and distribution of content (public/media) eg press releases and participants newsletters
- Updating and maintaining mail-out lists (media/public/competitors/other) including unsubscribes
- Media accreditation & processing (DME/Filemaker)
- Uploading content to our website and to the DME (Digital Media Exchange)
- Coding/logging of media coverage for evaluation reports
- Assist in producing media reports
- Assist in the production and distribution of hard copy mail-outs
- Assist in production and distribution of participant’s event guides
- Arranging travel and accommodation for media representatives at events
- Supporting the strategy & planning across all communications and PR
- Supporting all social media and marketing activity
- Translation of content from English to French, or French to English
- Must be a EU or Swiss national or have a relevant work permit.
- A real passion for a career in marketing or communications as evidenced in academic studies, previous experience or interests.
- Good creative writing skills with the desire to develop those skills working alongside the current media team.
- A desire to learn, develop a greater understanding of marketing, media communications and PR, and be able to take on more responsibility.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office packages and understanding the necessity to undertake database work and content processing.
- A good working knowledge of social media is beneficial, along with a knowledge/interest in websites (including Content Management Systems).
- Excellent organisational skills and self-motivated personality with the ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively, who can take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and confident in liaising effectively with both internal and external parties.
- You must be fluent in English and French
- A love of sport and outdoor events is a must with knowledge of running, cycling or triathlon an advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel (the Haute Route events entail over 3 weeks away from the office from mid August until early September)
- 1st June 2018 – 31st November 2018
- "Convention de stage" or formal agreement through your educational provider is MANDATORY
- You will be given a monthly allowance of 800 CHF (gross - before any deductions are taken for state and federal taxes, insurance etc)
- 10 vacation days for a 6-month internship
- For internships of 3 months or more we will reimburse the full cost of a CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on train tickets (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland)
- Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm, but during the events or busy periods, you may be expected to work evenings and weekends
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current company policies
- Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about you: What’s the bravest thing you have ever done? What is your proudest achievement? What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs you are involved in?
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports.