Digital Product & Project Manager – FA Education (1 year FTC)
|Location||Burton upon Trent, UK|
|Sector||Federations & LOCs, Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
|Contract Type||Contract, Fixed Term|
Digital Product & Project Manager – FA Education (1 year FTC)
The Football Association
Based at St George’s Park, near Burton upon Trent
Win the World Cup in 2022 and 2023 and sustain success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA in an integral role to the organisation achieving its goals.
FA Education unites the game by supporting coaches, referees, sports scientists, Talent ID professionals and medicine practitioners throughout their individual learning journeys. Our modern, insight-led approach to learning and delivery will help create a football workforce that improves the quality of the grassroots and professional game.
This role is to lead the product development for FA Education (sitting within the Digital Engagement Programme), working with external digital agencies & internal teams to ensure the participant and internal stakeholder requirements are successfully captured and implemented across key digital platforms. This role will also act as the day-to-day digital Project Manager for FA Education projects, with one of the key functions to manage dependencies on other projects across the business. We anticipate that the role will be 60% Product Management and 40% Project Management.
As this role is key to the overall digital transformation of The FA it will require a mixture of working at Wembley Stadium and St Georges Park.
- Extract key requirements from a large number of stakeholders and users by challenging current thinking and being able to prioritise requirements across the business
- Lead the delivery of engaging, informative and innovative digital experiences for specific target audience personas
- Act as the point person for the supplier’s product owners/business analysts to further detail and define requirements
- Use analytical evaluation & conduct competitor analysis or research to support product recommendations & design.
- Leverage best practise examples to deliver excellent customer experiences (UX/UI) primarily for mobile-led products
- Support and capture internal and external (user centric)stakeholder requirements from across The FA and County FA organisations
- Lead and work with the external organisations to develop user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Quality control (via Show & Tell) the development of the digital products from a user experience and FA stakeholder perspective.
- Support, from an FA perspective, the development of a suitable test plan to garner feedback and insights on the digital products during the development process and prior to and post MVP release.
- Day-to-day management of the relationship with 3rd party agencies and/or FA IT who are delivering the software development for the products
- Pro-actively manage dependencies with other projects across the FA by organising and attending steering group meetings as appropriate
- Create and manage the project plan for FA Education led work streams (e.g. content development) with the support of the Digital Programme Manager
- Create and manage the roles and responsibilities matrix and communications plan for the project to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed
- Own and manage the RAID log for the projects assigned to you (risk, action, issue, dependency)
- Report on status of projects via the FA reporting processes and also present status to the Digital and FA Education teams at regular project and programme meetings
- Ensure project scope is clear, and any changes are managed via formal change control processes
- Develop and support new product collateral for newly launched products working with internal marketing and communications team to ensure new digital initiatives are supported across the business
- Demonstrable knowledge of what makes a good digital experience across mobile or web
- Experience in online content consumption and the way users access this online
- Customer centric user experiences understood
- Experience of digital development methodologies and processes including agile
- Demonstrable contribution to the successful creation of quality digital products
- Great communication skills, including the ability to present to senior stakeholders
- Possess the energy and focus to get stuff done reliably and on time
- Demonstrable analytical skills and ability to translate analytical output into real user stories
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Extensive project management experience delivering digital products from initiation to ongoing support
- Ability to plan a complex project with multiple parties and stakeholders, managing multiple products in different stages at the same time
- Experience implementing communications and stakeholder management plans
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please follow the instructions below.
Successful candidates would need to be willing to undertake background screening as part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 17th April 2018. We reserve the right to close the advert for this advert earlier than stated; if you are interested in this role, we would advise that you apply as soon as possible.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.