Nielsen Sports is a trusted adviser and partner in sports and entertainment intelligence, helping our clients worldwide to maximize their commercial success. With our expansive suite of products and services, Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioning to provide insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision making for clients
Nielsen Sports & Entertainment is looking for a Project Manager to join the market research team in a newly created role. This person will be pivotal to the team, working across multiple projects and clients to ensure operational success. They will have responsibility for the set-up and project management of market research projects, as well as managing 3rd party supplier relations and the operations of Nielsen’s own syndicated tools. The role will provide exposure and experience of working with the world’s leading rights holders and brands in sports.
To work within the market research team supporting the operational execution and project management of research projects.
Providing operational support across all areas of the market research process; scoping and costing projects; data collection; data processing; syndicated research product management; working closely with other members of the team, other departments, support functions, suppliers and clients.
To contribute to the overall achievement of MR financial targets and strategic objectives.
- Manage data collection for bespoke research projects in collaboration with project managers
- Liaise with and manage third parties to deliver to against individual briefs and project requirements
- Drive time/cost efficiencies on projects
- Scope and price project options (with support from seniors)
- Build and maintain positive external supplier relationships
- Oversee fieldwork
- Data quality assurance / controls
- Management and support of data processing
- Accountable for final quality of inputs (e.g. tables, data files), designing relevant quality checks.
- Independently manage syndicated research products within the UK
- First point of contact internally for supporting data queries from the MR team, other departments and business functions
- Ensure content matches contracted requirement and proactively make content suggestions based on sports calendar/business opportunity
- Prepare and deliver data outputs as required
- Follow best practice procedures and recommend improvements
- Proactively develops own skill set and knowledge
- Proactively develops processes for greater operational efficiency
- Deliver internal training (e.g. knowledge sharing of operational processes)
- Provides support to senior team on non- project specific tasks (e.g. proposals, internal requests)
- Support business development and contribute to proposal writing/capabilities presentations.
Requirements, Knowledge and Skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive personality with good problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and fast learner
- Strong time management/project management skills
- Organised and process driven
- Ability to manage multiple projects/workstreams simultaneously
- Strong teamwork & interpersonal skills
- Good grounding in custom research principles, methodologies, statistical techniques
- Good knowledge and interest in the sport industry – previous research experience in this area an advantage
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience of data analysis software a plus: SPSS, R, Q, SQL (training will be given)
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.