Chief Executive Officer - AUSTSWIM
- Peak body for teaching of swimming and water safety
- Attractive package, including MV + benefits
- Melbourne based
AUSTSWIM is Australia’s peak industry organisation for the teaching of swimming and water safety. Formed in 1979 with the aim of developing consistent and higher quality training of teachers of swimming and water safety across Australia, AUSTSWIM continues to set the benchmark in this essential area.
With almost 40 years' dedicated experience the AUSTSWIM system achieves world’s best practice in the accreditation, professional development and ongoing support of over 33,000 teachers of swimming and water safety. AUSTSWIM undertakes and supports significant training and accreditation activities internationally.
AUSTSWIM works closely with aquatic facilities, education departments, peak industry organisations and partners to achieve the AUSTSWIM philosophy that all Australians should have appropriate and relevant swimming and water safety skills and understand the principles and practices of water safety.
The CEO will be required to:
- lead, manage and develop the operations and financial affairs of AUSTSWIM through its Management Team and Business Centres to ensure that it is revenue, reserve and resource secure.
- drive the objectives, strategies and information mechanisms of AUSTSWIM.
- pursue the development of AUSTSWIM through formal strategic planning processes with the Board of Directors and professional staff and make recommendations to the Board.
- vigorously advocate and maintain AUSTSWIM’s certification of its teachers through ISO 17024 and drive an understanding of the importance of this to all levels of government and the aquatic industry.
- develop and maintain positive respect for and cooperation with the Board, Council and State and Territory Advisory Committees.
- provide dynamic leadership for the staff of AUSTSWIM, to successfully drive AUSTSWIM’s business and its “quality “ reputation in Australia and Internationally.
- ensure that superior “customer service” is provided for the members of the AUSTSWIM community.
- represent AUSTSWIM in its relationships with Government, other authorities, Boards or organisations including AUSTSWIM Australia.
- form strong, cross-industry, personal relationships based on cooperation, trust and respect.
- provide regular operational reports, discussion papers and minutes of meetings as required to the AUSTSWIM Board and Council as required.
- develop and maintain an organisation that respects and supports the rights, interests and expectations of the members of AUSTSWIM, its staff and stakeholders.
- maintain and monitor a sound organisational structure in order to ensure the effectiveness of all functions of AUSTSWIM.
- be directly responsible for the general management of all aspects of AUSTSWIM, including liaison between the Board and senior staff, members, administration, government departments, and other relevant organisations and peak bodies.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge in your career then apply now!
NOTE: Candidates MUST be legally entitled to work in Australia.