Venue Development & Overlay Cluster Manager
Glasgow 2018 European Championships
Job Title: Venue Development & Overlay Cluster Manager
#themoment is coming – be part of it!
Help to deliver a world-first, the first-ever combined European Championships. Glasgow 2018, the biggest sporting event to come to Glasgow and Scotland since the best ever Commonwealth Games.
Glasgow 2018 will make its world sporting calendar debut from 2 to 12 August, bringing together six sports, over 11 days, into one incredible event.
Glasgow 2018 are looking to appoint a Venue Development & Overlay Cluster Manager from mid April onwards until 13th August 2018. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with experience in the major events industry of venue development and overlay delivery or open to those with a design & construction background looking for a new challenge.
Working in a complex landscape with multiple internal and external partners and stakeholders, the candidate will have significant experience of relationship management and a proven ability to build and maintain excellent relationships at all levels. The Venue Development & Overlay Cluster Manager will oversee the development, planning and delivery of a cluster of venues within the Venues functional area. This will include the opportunity to deliver both Sport Specific Venues along with Cultural and Public Event spaces as well as ensuring capitalisation of overlay across all legacy opportunities.
Duties & responsibilities
This person will be required to perform the following duties;
- Lead allocated venue audits (indoor spaces, outdoor spaces, utilities etc.) to inform the establishment of Venue Use Agreements (VUA).
- Fully support the Overlay Design Process by contributing to the design standards, rules and guidelines definition
- Support direct reports in the management of the overlay design for allocated venues during all revisions of the Design Process
- Oversee provision of accurate drawings for allocated venues in accordance with Design Process Schedule (including room layout at the final design stage, in coordination with the Logistics Workstream)
- Support direct reports in their role of main point of contact with venue owner on all fit-out aspects (in coordination with Event Operations Functional Area)
- Liaise with designated Engineers, Consultants, Building Control and H&S specialists (in-house and/or outsourced), based on the centralised Championships approach, to ensure accuracy of design and compliance of construction
- Manage commodity requirements using designated system in order to:
- Facilitate cost exercise
- Allow procurement of goods and services
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate venue cost as projects are developing
- Manage cost planning and budget management for allocated venues in accordance with Overlay Change Control Management Process
- Provide venue specific scopes of work required by contract management team to support procurement of goods and services
- Work closely with the Engineering Services Team to provide fully integrated venue solutions
- Support Venue Use Agreements process in terms of access dates as well as space and service requirements for Championships Time
- Manage the Planning and Building Control applications for allocated venues
- Contribute to Venue specific Risk & Issue register and lead on resolution and mitigation of identified risks and issues.
- Lead on the delivery of the Venue Statutory Approvals Process & Procedure as agreed with the Local Authorities.
- Support the development of the Venue Use Agreements ensuring they deliver the space requirements of all parties.
- Work closely with all other Functional Areas to ensure the coordinated, efficient and effective planning and delivery of Championships Venues.
Commissioning and Decommissioning Periods
- Develop and oversee all fit-out schedule for allocated venues with the support of the Scheduling Team and Overlay Managers
- Maintain ongoing relationships with commodity suppliers and the venue owners
- Prepare and undertake Venue audits for handover to Glasgow 2018.
- Support direct reports in the provision of all detailed information required at the allocated venues by commodity and services providers in order to perform their work (technical information, time line etc.) and validate all deliverables and delivery
- Support direct reports in the management of all FAs requests, e.g. site visit requests, late requirements, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory authorities for all aspect of the Venues FA programme (Health & Safety, Planning, Building Control and Public Safety, Environmental Health, Fire Engineering, Food safety etc.) with support from the Venue Development and Overlay Team Lead
- Support Engineering Services Team on all venue specific engineering issues
- Assume site management duties at an allocated venue with the support of a Safety Officer.
- Assume facilities management duties for all temporary infrastructure at an allocated Venue and act as the main point of contact on site for all overlay issues (including engineering and energy issues).
- Support direct reports that will assume similar Championships Time roles on various venues (within the allocated Cluster)
- Prepare for decommissioning period.
- Undertake venue audits for handover to owner.
Skills and previous experience required
- Proven experience of delivering sport events and/or temporary infrastructure projects.
- A proven ability to communicate and work in partnership with multiple internal and external partners and stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Ability to make key operational decisions in-line with delegated authority
- Ability to utilise software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and preferably AutoCAD