Venue Technology Manager
Glasgow 2018 European Championships
Job Title: Venue Technology Manager
#themoment is coming – be part of it!
Help to deliver a world-first, the first-ever combined European Championships. Glasgow 2018, the biggest sporting event to come to Glasgow and Scotland since the best ever Commonwealth Games.
Glasgow 2018 will make its world sporting calendar debut from 2 to 12 August, bringing together six sports, over 11 days, into one incredible event.
Glasgow 2018 are looking to appoint Venue Technology Managers (VTM) from May onwards until 31st August 2018.
The role will be based in one of the Glasgow 2018 Venues. The VTM will be the Glasgow 2018 responsible person for the final planning, installation, operation and removal of all technology needed on Venue for delivery of the Champs. The role will be needed to support the Venue delivery, with start dates between May and July and will cover the Championships period, finishing middle to end of August 2018. Exact shift requirements and working patterns will be communicated nearer the time, however a degree of flexibility is required and availability is essential as detailed above.
This role involves supervision of both Contractors and Volunteers.
Summary of role including any previous experience and skills required.
What do we want VTMs to do?
This role will lead a diverse team of contractors, paid staff and volunteers in a high pressure environment, to strict deadlines to deliver and operate all Technology requirements for a Venue.
The VTM will lead a team of experienced suppliers and contractors who are experts in the technology in use during the Championships (audio visual, connectivity and communications, technology hardware and results systems), providing a coordination, reporting and issue resolution role.
The VTM will also review and finalise the technology elements of the detailed venue design and overlay plans for venues, and work with technology suppliers and other Functional Areas (FAs) to deliver these plans.
Who would make a good VTM?
Due to the nature of the role, during the busy and exciting Championships period, the following attributes would be beneficial:
- Passionate about Glasgow 2018 and keen to be involved in the Championships
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Ability to quickly absorb information and carry out instructions
- Highly resilient and able to make things happen
- Highly organised
- Ability to prioritise workload according to changing demands
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
Skills and Competencies
- Experience of planning and delivery of technology related projects
- Practical ability for planning, monitoring and controlling a related portfolio of projects
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A flexible approach to work