Equestrian Veterinary Surgeon
|Location||Hong Kong (HK)|
|Sector||Clubs & Teams, Science & Medicine|
|Function||Medicine & Science, Clinical Services, Sport & Exercise Science Services|
Our Department of Veterinary Clinical Services, based at Sha Tin racecourse, provides clinical care to all horses in the Hong Kong SAR and Mainland China, including approximately 1200 Thoroughbred race horses and 750 equestrian horses within the Club.
We have a new opportunity for a clinician to join our existing team of fourteen veterinary surgeons working within a unique environment. The job is primarily ambulatory although our world class hospital facility is routinely used for more complicated cases and where advanced diagnostic imaging is required. You will be able to further develop your clinical skills, with excellent support available from certificate and diploma holders within the department. You will be encouraged to contribute to ongoing and future departmental research projects. Accommodation and a vehicle for business use will be provided.
You will work closely with three colleagues in the equestrian sector of our practice and contribute to:
- the provision of clinical services to all horses in the ten riding schools in Hong Kong
- the rehabilitation and retraining of retired racehorses at the Club’s Beas River Equestrian Centre
- provision of clinical support to Equestrian Events in Hong Kong
- monitoring of and support for the health and welfare of the Club’s retired horses exported to Mainland China
- general veterinary-related services such as accompanying airport convoys
- hold a degree recognized by the Veterinary Surgeons Board of Hong Kong
- have 3-4 years’ experience in equine practice. A post-graduate qualification would be an advantage
- be keen to further develop your own clinical skills and to mentor more junior members of the team
- be dedicated towards an outstanding level of client care
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. An initial 3-year contract will be offered to the successful candidate. Further contract renewal or conversion to career terms will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Closing date for applications is 23 April 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 8/F, Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, New Territories, Hong Kong; or fax to (852) 2966-6984.
For further details about the post, you may contact Dr Adrian Farrington, Senior Equestrian Veterinary Surgeon by phone: (852) 2966-6872, or email: email@example.com
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.