Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Full Time
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Located: WADA Headquarters – Montreal, Canada
Reports to: Director General
Posting deadline: 21 April 2018 (09:00 EDT)
The Chief Financial Officer position is responsible for the management of the Finance Group, and is accountable for the financial activities of WADA and includes the development of a financial strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Maintain, develop and implement internal control systems with potential to adopt additional financial and accounting policies and procedures as needed.
- Oversee the operations of the Finance Group, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the groups’ goals and objective.
- Develop and monitor budgets.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and actual vs. budgets.
- Prepare the audited financial reports under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Responsible for all cash management activities in conjunction with WADA bankers and financial advisors, with particular attention to WADA’s cash reserves.
- Responsible for annual audits; filing of WADA’s tax returns in Canada and Switzerland, complying with IFRS and Swiss law.
- Conduct periodic audits of budget comparisons to actual. Suggest methods of improving the future budgeting process as appropriate.
- Oversee individual department budgets, and meet regularly with department directors to keep them informed and to offer guidance and make recommendations.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information, review and report financial results to the Director General and Management Team.
- Represent the company externally with bankers and stakeholders.
- Liaise with WADA stakeholders to organize payment of financial contributions.
- Prepare the Finance and Administration Committee meetings.
Profile – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- University degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 10 + years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position, with strategic planning and execution and partnering with an executive team.
- Certification and/or practical knowledge of IFRS.
- Professional designation required (i.e. CPA, CMA…)
- Fluent in either French or English and good knowledge of the other, additional language skills an asset.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in an international setting desirable.
- Solid accounting skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong experience working with accounting systems, i.e. Sunsystem, Great Plains etc…
- Deadline-driven, results-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Able to work quickly and accurately.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Fit with culture and organization values e.g. teamwork, team spirit and love of sport.
- Some travel required.
- Periodic evening and/or weekend work expected.