QA - Automation focused
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||IT, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring—we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it. Our products are used by the world’s elite sports teams, as well as grassroots amateur teams.
You could be working on a product which helps the elite market level up one minute or creating a tool to help our college Basketball teams broadcast their talents and get recruited the next. The work is fast-paced and varied.
You will join a squad currently working to bring live pitchside analysis, allowing coaches and players to instantly watch back match action and earlier footage. The squad is working with our Elite clients to build a MacOS application and mobile applications for Microsoft Surface and iPad. Using data to drive decisions, track behaviours and validate assumptions you will build confidence in product quality every step of the way.
You will identify and automate the critical workflows in feature files using Behaviour Driven Development (Gherkin) and write tests using Python and Ruby.
- Technical. Have experience with full stack testing and have coded in Python or other programming languages.
- Automation. Have experience implementing service and UI level automation.
- Risk Mitigation. You can evaluate and design a testing approach to mitigate risk while ensuring adequate coverage.
- Naturally curious and never stop learning. You are hungry for more knowledge and ideas - and curious to explore edge scenarios and constantly digging in to learn more.
- Empathetic. You think critically about the user experience and are able to relate to users in the sports domain.
- Work. In an autonomous squad, following scrum methodology. When appropriate, you will be asked to fulfill the QA lead role for small Bets and be responsible for the overall quality of the bet.
- Think like a user. Everyone at Hudl is expected to interact with our users directly.
- Test. Use your customer and system understanding to create testing approach and plans.
- Analyse. You will analyse the root cause of issues and recommend corrective action to address it.
- Automate. You will use your skills to determine what to automate and design service and UI layer automation to ensure adequate coverage.
- Ship. You will test, talk with users, analyse trends and deploy code on a frequent basis.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. (Hello, unlimited vacation policy!)
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
- Reward you. Pay for you to watch one of Hudl’s elite sports clients each year!
Hudl is changing the future of sports technology. We build performance analysis tools for teams at every level of competition.