Event Experience Manager
This role is an event and experiential position running the Formula E eVillage experience.
The eVillage is a pivotal part of a Formula E weekend. It’s a centrally located fan zone full of entertainment, educational and interactive experiences for fans to enjoy throughout the day. It is open to the general public and attracts up to 20,000 fans on Race Day, usually at very little cost.
The eVillage is the cultural capital of Formula E and sets an example as to how Formula E brings fans, drivers and teams closer together through autograph signing sessions and ERace gaming events pitching drivers against real fans.
In addition to this, the eVillage is where the energy is; there are music events, DJ’s, chill out zones, learning zones, technological showcases, car manufacturer stands and a host of relevant exhibitors.
Over the past 3 seasons, the eVillage has grown from humble beginnings to what’s described above. The challenge going forward is to innovate and transform the eVillage into the world class fan experience it must be.
The Event Experience Manager will work in the Event Experience (Experiential) Team under Event Experience Leadership team and will provide full support to the team in planning and delivering fan experience projects for Formula E internationally.
The teams’ overall responsibilities are:
- Strategic (reviewing objectives for the eVillage, determining the type of experience that should be pursued, identifying target audience)
- Creative (alongside partners and agencies, ensuring the eVillage is a vibrant, progressive, cool, branded space that’s bigger than the sum of its constituent parts)
- Operational (physically coordinating the eVillage build working in partnership with local agencies. production teams, manufacturers, and partners)
- Working with international agencies on the briefing, design and implementation of the eVillage.
- Managing a c.6-figure budget for each race – budget setting, budget management, reporting.
- Managing incredibly tight deadlines without compromising the fan experience
- Working with eVillage exhibitors to ensure 3rd part exhibitors are operating to a high standard and are adding value to the fan experience through their on-site activity.
- Working closely with all Formula E departments (especially Production and Event Management but also digital & website teams)
- Ongoing research to understand whether our fan experience is fit for purpose. Comparable benchmarking audits against other similar experiences.
- Delivering post-event reports and debriefs to understand what works and what doesn’t in our hunt for continual improvement.
- Leading and managing an Event Experience coordinator and having responsibility for their career hopes, dreams and aspirations.
Required skills and experience
- 3-5 years’ event experience working on large, international experiential projects (festivals, sports fan zones, etc)
- Excellent production knowledge required (planning, permits, scheduling, logistics, H&S, AV)
- Strong communication skills
- Multi-tasker. Must be able to fight fires while simultaneously doing 3 other things.
- Resilient, restless, energetic, can-doer
- Managing multiple stakeholders and being adept at finding consensus.
- Solution orientated. Always.
- Organised at an almost military level.
- Empathy & flexibility to work in an international environment and amongst a diverse international workforce
- Proficiency in English and at least one other language
- Passion for motorsport beneficial but not essential