Tournament Services Executive
We’re introducing this exciting role, providing assistance in the planning and delivery of key projects across accommodation, transport, logistics, fleet and special events for Teams, and Match Officials.
Who we are:
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
You'll love this job if:
- You have a passion for delivering the best, whilst establishing new benchmarks and standards.
- You are detail and outcome focussed with an eye to innovation and seeking efficient ways to deliver.
- You are a clear communicator that establishes strong professional relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external and seeks to resolve arising issues in line with wider objectives.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
You'll be doing:
- Contributing to the implementation of agreed service levels, aligned to ICC and key stakeholder requirements across different Tournament Services projects.
- Championing the requirements of teams, players and match officials to ensure delivery of world class services.
- Leading on planning and delivery of identified special events in the lead-up to and during Tournament Time; which may include functions, partner activations and pre-event media activities.
- Supporting a range of key pre-Tournament CWC19 visits, activities and events including the scoping, allocation and booking of accommodation, transport and logistics services provided to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to the identified Venue Planning process (including for non-Match venue locations) to ensure consistent, seamless integration and delivery of Tournament Services elements for key stakeholders.
- Building strong relationships with all suppliers, internal and external stakeholders, including the ICC and CWC19 Functional Areas and staff.
- Supporting the management of room allocations, at Tournament Time, in designated CWC19 hotels, including ensuring strict budget controls are adhered to at all times.
- Working within the agreed business planning framework, using CWC19 programme management methodologies, documentation and reporting tools.
- Hands-on operational experience in an event environment; with experience in one or more of team services, hotel management, team travel, logistics or coordinating conferences a distinct advantage.
- A strong attention to detail in the preparation of documents and reports; advanced Microsoft Office and Excel are a necessity.
- Experience of working within a high-pressure environment, often dealing with and responding to demanding clients or stakeholders, which may include high profile guests/teams.
- Clear and effective decision-making skills, developing practical solutions within a budget conscious environment.
- A team player approach, be resourceful and possess the ability to demonstrate initiative; still seeking advice or support when required
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour within a small team.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Health Insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life Assurance
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- 30% discount on New Balance items
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.