Tennis Ireland Competition’s Manager
Overall Purpose of Role
The Competition’s Manager will have responsibility for the delivery of a comprehensive competitions programme for players at all levels of Tennis in Ireland and provide strategic support and guidance in this area for key stakeholders.
The successful applicant will also oversee the adoption of an internationally recognised rating system and work as part of a project team for all international events held in Ireland.
Senior Management Team and Board
Provincial Branches and their Staff
Tennis Ireland Staff and Contractors
Clubs and Coaches
ITF and Tennis Europe
Players and their Families
Support Services Personnel
Fulfil the core duties of national event management, competition licensing administration and supporting local competition organisers
Contribute to the effective leadership of the organisation as a member of the Senior Management Team; to identify and deliver ways of improving Tennis Ireland’s effectiveness and to identify new commercial opportunities and funding streams to support the activities of Tennis Ireland.
Advise and provide regular reports to the Tennis Ireland Board
Planning and budgeting of national programme activities to include:
- National Indoors
- National Match Play Tournaments
- Spring Championships
- Four Nations
- Interprovincial Tournaments
- Senior and Super Senior World Team Championships
- ITF Under 18 events
- Tennis Europe Under 14 events
Coordinate the training and appointment of officials for Tennis Ireland events including, but not limited to, referee, assistants, supervisors and volunteer staff.
Set up, administer and promote our competitions using Tournament software.
Liaise with all suppliers and partners to ensure a smooth delivery and excellent participant experience.
Management of statistics and provide insight from the various open and national competitions.
Communicate effectively and promote the various open, regional and national level events.
Advise and provide regular reports to the Chief Executive and Tennis Ireland Board on all aspects of competitions.
Oversee the issuance of tournament calendar licences and permits and ensure that the terms and conditions upon which permits are issued are adhered to.
Manage the development and delivery of a Tournament Organiser’s Resource pack and deliver to our member Clubs.
Manage and co-ordinate the Tennis Ireland competitions calendar.
Administer the return of all tournament documentation and ensure that administrative processes around the operation of tournaments and the collection of fees are optimised.
Support the Provincial Branches in the delivery of high quality level regional competitions.
Assist Clubs, Schools and Players with queries relating to competitions showing an excellent understanding of the Rules.
Attend national and international competitions and events to lead on relevant operational areas, to ensure competitions are delivered to the highest possible standard.
Drive the delivery of a Competitions Review and assist with the delivery and implementation of any new activities that arise.
Perform the role of Disciplinary Officer and liaise with Provincial Branch and National level disciplinary Committees.
Undertake other responsibilities and projects as required by the CEO.
The Competitions Manager will be responsible for ensuring that Tennis Ireland meets its competitions outcomes as per its strategy namely;
- Increasing the offering of year-round competitions and to increase the number of people participating in tennis in Ireland at all levels.
- Supporting and developing our competition workforce through the provision of training and education programmes
- Adoption of a national rating and ranking system, that will be internationally recognised and provide opportunities for players at all levels to compete on a consistent basis and to track their progress and performance.
- Provision of clear insight and intelligence relating to the number of active tennis players competing in Ireland
- Educated to Degree Level
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of leadership and management of sports programmes
- Significant applied experience of a leadership role within sport and with demonstrable success
- Financial experience including setting, managing and evaluating departmental budgets.
- Programme/project management
- ITF Officiating Qualification
- Knowledge and experience of the fundamental requirements associated with delivering successful competitions including the use of Tournament Software
- Experience of working at Senior Management level within sport.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, managing and developing multi-disciplinary, high performing teams.
- Experience of identifying new partnership opportunities and building mutually beneficial relationships with partners to drive programmes forward.
- Experience and evidence of developing and implementing effective change strategies
- Planning and Organising
- Effective Communication
- Team Working
- Leading Others
- Personal Accountability Flexibility
- Facilitating change
- Positive attitude with ‘can do’ mentality
- Ability to undertake flexible working hours
- Own Car and Full driving license
- Satisfactory Garda / Police Vetting
Applicants are invited to apply not later than 5pm on the 21st March 2018 by clicking the 'Apply' button below and sending a CV + brief cover letter.