Event Administration and Projects Officer
4 days left
- Full Time
The International Cricket Council wishes to appoint a
Event Administration and Projects Officer
The International Cricket Council (“ICC”) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for an Event Administration and Projects Officer for the Events department. The role will report to the Senior Event Operations Manager and will be a part of the team responsible for the organisation and administration of ICC events.
Responsibilities of the Event Administration and Projects Officer include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinating the project management process across multiple simultaneous events;
- Managing the process of provision of event information to Members and submissions required under the Members Participation Agreement, including:
- Squad nomination and eligibility review;
- Coordination of team kit samples and approval;
- Coordination of team travel arrangements;
- Squad on-ground requirements; and
- Maintain tournament squad lists;
- Reviewing team submission process and information storage procedures;
- Assisting the designated Event Operations Managers with on ground logistics relating to international teams, match officials and ICC staff;
- Assisting with the procurement and delivery of event clothing for ICC and host staff;
- Identifying product requirements for ICC events as necessary;
- Assisting in the scheduling of venue inspection tours; collate and circulate post inspection reports and manage issue follow-up as required;
- Maintaining and update event planning and operational documentation;
- Contributing to the development of scope of the event sports presentation programme in conjunction with the event hosts and selected service suppliers;
- Developing ‘scope of services’ for RFP documentation as required;
- Managing the process to procure event trophies and awards as required;
- Participating in review panel for consideration and recommendation of event service providers;
- Seeking opportunities and methods to streamline documentation and the way ICC communicates internally and externally;
- Managing ICC relationship with event suppliers / partners as required;
- Developing and managing ICC memorabilia library; and
- Managing the production of event publications for teams, match officials and ICC staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification;
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in events, preferably international sporting events;
- A sound understanding of event management;
- Strong operational planning with the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver great work across multiple concurrent event projects;
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels verbally and in writing;
- Experience in working with people from different cultural backgrounds and a capacity to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Motivated, enthusiastic attitude, a great work ethic and high personal standards;
- Ability to work creatively and under own initiative as well as in a team environment;
- Desire and ability to take on a project, lead, consult and deliver;
- Awareness of different cultures and for the perceptions of external and internal stakeholders;
- Knowledge/understanding of cricket and passion for sport;
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadline and handle multiple partners with different priorities; and
- Good team player with a flexible approach and ability to respond to tight deadlines.
Conditions of employment:
- The position is based in Dubai and will report to the Senior Event Operations Manager;
- The role on occasion will require work extended beyond office working hours, particularly during event time when the successful candidate may be required to travel internationally;
- The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references; and
- Compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV with a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits and expectations by pressing the apply button below.
The last date of responding to this advert is 25 March 2018. Due to the overwhelming number of quality applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.