|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Content & Media|
As a Data Scientist at Sportradar, your daily job will be to extract valuable, actionable information and insights from data. You will explore large collections of sports data collected by Sportradar, as well as data related to the usage of our industry-leading sports data products and services, reaching millions of end-users across the globe. Your responsibility will be to analyze and leverage data to enhance our products and services, and to further the success of our sales and operations teams by providing actionable insights. You will work closely with product owners and technical leads primarily in our sports betting and managed trading product verticals. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in statistics and machine learning, be comfortable working with big datasets, will understand methods for rigid validation of results, and master different statistical analysis tools and scripting to develop and validate new ideas for data analysis.
- Analyse and explore data using statistical analysis tools and scripting
- Develop machine learning or statistical predictive models for use in our products and services
- Rigorously validate methods, models, algorithms and hypotheses using backtesting on historical data and/or large scale simulations
- Design and implement novel methods for data analysis, tailored to our sportsrelated application domains
- Propose data visualizations and new ways of using data to improve our products and services
- Work closely with product owners and technical leads in media and sports betting product verticals
- Present ideas and solutions to software developers and business stakeholders in a clear and understandable way
- Demonstrated competency in the following areas: machine learning and/or statistics, big data analysis, statistical validation of results
- Experience in sportsbook risk management, pricing of sports betting markets, pricing of financial instruments/securities, market making or algorithmic trading is a plus
- 3+ years of experience with Python, R or similar statistical and/or machine learning software/toolkits
- Programming experience is a must
- Experience working with Mac/Linux environments is a benefit
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics / Statistics, Computer Science / Engineering, or related field; equivalent experience acceptable
- Work with state-of-the-art equipment to solve our technological challenges
- This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team of engineers; working to design, develop and deploy new ways to collect and distribute sports information. You will work with an international team spread across locations in Europe and the US
- Collaborate and support colleagues all over the world
- Rewarding and stable job in multinational team
The Sportradar group is a truly international organisation, employing over 1,900 people in more than 30 locations around the world. Our rapid growth is driven by technological innovation and a deep understanding of our clients' business needs. It is our commitment to excellent service, quality and reliability that makes us the trusted partner of more than 1,000 companies in over 80 countries. We occupy a unique position at the intersection of the sports, media and betting industries.We change the way the world experiences sport and provide cutting-edge solutions to media companies, bookmakers, sports federations and state authorities.
Our team collaborates globally and is committed to solve the challenges we face on our way - but never without a pinch of fun and play.
Make the team: Join us and shape your future as well as ours!
Sportradar is the world’s leading supplier of sports and betting-related data.