Senior Accountant/ Team Leader
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Finance & Procurement, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
A Wanda Sports Holdings company, IRONMAN operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the UCI Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier marathons including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 200 events across 50 countries.
For our IRONMAN EMEA Headquarter based in Liederbach/ Frankfurt in Germany, we are actively looking for a highly motivated, fluent English speaking
Senior Accountant/ Team Leader (m/f)
- Team Leader for the Headquarter Accounting team supervising 2 to 3 employees.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting functions for our entities in Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands
- Work with the Headquarters’ Finance and Accounting team in Tampa, Florida on all accounting issues relating to the responsible countries. This may entail having to occasionally be available outside of normal work hours – given time differences.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, together with correcting Journal Entries and income and expense accruals.
- Maintaining statutory accounts filing
- Work together with the EMEA FP&A department on MTD and YTD budget to actual variances and account analysis of all of the events and overheads. Including but not limited to detailed account analysis for each of the countries and respective departments; review of financials with the German management and the different race directors.
- Work together and under the guidance of the EMEA FP&A department on the budgeting by country for event and non-event departments.
Skills and competencies:
- Degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German, a third language such as French, Dutch or Italian is an advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in bookkeeping/ auditing/ financial management.
- Experienced Team Leader
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely diligent about working with international colleagues at all levels, and ensuring that deadlines are met at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast paced unstructured environment
- Ability to manage diversity in job responsibilities with precision and accuracy in work.
- Must be hands on, able to multi-task and show proper level of time management
- Excellent skills in MS Office and Finance applications.
A contract will be made on the basis of a full time employment and for an indefinite time period. We are looking forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and your notice period
IRONMAN Limited are the organisers of IRONMAN events in the UK and Ireland.