Partnerships Account Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
- Please send a covering letter and CV using the apply button.
- In your covering letter, please state:
- What date you can start work/notice period
- If you have any leave or holiday booked between now and August 2018
- Interviews will be on application, so please apply early
- Open until position filled, so please apply early
- Round 1 - Phone/Skype interview on application review
- Round 2 - In person [Dates TBC]
Background | about the Clipper Race
This is a race without equal; one of the biggest challenges of the natural world and an endurance test like no other. The Clipper Race is a powerful blend of fiercely intense competition and stirring human endeavour. We aren’t afraid to compete and push boundaries - the world’s longest yacht race enables individuals to pit their wits, skills and courage against the world’s toughest oceans, with no previous sailing experience required.
This momentous biennial event is born from crew with a thirst for a life changing adventure, believing that anything is possible as they navigate the Doldrums en route to South America, endure epic Southern Ocean storms, experience South African sunsets, face the mountainous seas of the North Pacific - and create lifelong memories before returning as heroes.
The race is everything; it’s exciting, uncomfortable, exhilarating and at times frustrating. Since 1996 the Clipper Race has developed almost 5,000 people into competent ocean racers and built a reputation for showcasing brands and building international trade links between partners and host destinations.
The Clipper Race is looking for a thoughtful, ambitious and established Account Manager to join a growing and dynamic team to take ownership of the day to day management of a range of partnership accounts. The role is also responsible for the planning and implementation of Host Port stopovers.
This role will primarily focus on destination partners and managing the larger stopovers. Aside from the requirements listed below, you should have one or more of the following specialisms:event management, mass participation, destination promotion, event evaluating, public engagement, G2G and G2B activity.
The successful candidate will report into the Head of Partnerships and will be actively involved in constantly evaluating the partnerships offering whilst also delivering acute attention to detail to ensure that client servicing is delivered to its utmost. The role will require some international travel.
- Be accountable for the day to day running of multiple accounts across the race partnership portfolio.
- Delivering full account planning, development, management, on site activation, administration and evaluation.
- Ensure full and high standard client servicing on every aspect of the account
- Management of a number of Clipper Race Stopovers which would include:
- Implementation of the Host Port requirements
- Management of the Stopover Schedule alongside the Race Team
- Delivery of a programme of events for the stopover.
- Lead the development of creative ideas, working with other departments and the client to question campaign objectives and deliver insightful, creative solutions for each partner.
- Liaise with key departments in the planning and execution of the partnership programme including Communications, Race Office, Brand/Marketing and Accounts.
- Sourcing and management of third party suppliers.
- Development of activations across B2B, B2C, G2G, B2G objectives.
- Reporting and evaluation: pre, during and post events.
Skills and experience required:
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience in an Account Management role, ideally within sport, or large scale events.
- An exceedingly strong and determined individual who will go above and beyond for their clients.
- Excellent attention to detail, yet ability to multi-task and work at pace.
- Established in partnership negotiation, activation, experiential, social content, communications and managing financial processes.
- Relevant experience in creating and delivering fully integrated campaigns, from conception to evaluation.
- Project management experience, with the ability to manage your own time as well as more junior members of your team, delegating and managing as required.
- Extremely organised and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Be able to anticipate your clients’ needs before they do and be ready to go that extra mile.
- A willingness to learn quickly and absorb information.
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of your client’s business and its sector.
- Extremely hard working and conscientious with a positive, “can do attitude” and ready to work outside of the usual 9 to 5 environment.
- A creative thinker, comfortable with delivering ideas away from the traditional but equally at home with conventional marketing techniques.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- No sailing experience necessary
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly.
- You can think on your feet and use initiative. You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change.
- You have a can-do, positive, friendly attitude, hungry to achieve in an organisation where every day is different.
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation.
- You pay attention to the detail, you stay focused and nothing gets missed.
- You thrive on working on multiple projects at any one time.
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to challenges.
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
- You are a real team player.
- You lead a flexible lifestyle which allows you to travel and work away for some extended periods.
- You currently live, or are willing to relocate to, within a commutable distance to our Gosport, Hampshire HQ.
You will also need to have:
- A degree qualification or equivalent.
- Solid [2-4 years] agency or rights holder experience working in a similar role.
- A high-level PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook skills and a confidence to present internally and externally.