Fitness Lab Lead
SSC Fitness Lab Lead
The Sports Surgery Clinic is a leading centre internationally for the provision of orthopaedic and sports medicine care to athletic and non-athletic populations. The current SSC Sports Medicine team is comprised of a staff of over 60 personnel including administration, Consultant Sports Physicians, Physiotherapists, Biomechanics, Research, Nursing and Strength and Conditioning staff.
SSC Sports Medicine moved in July 2017 to a brand new 14,000 soft purpose built Centre 200m from the main hospital. The annual throughput of patients is over 34,000 patients and expected to rise to 50,000 per annum in the next 18 months.
Facilities include 3 embedded Woodway treadmills, Cortex Metalysers, ECG, 8 lifting platforms including 2 with Force plates and video feedback and one with a full VICON Biomechanics. The department also houses two further 3D VICON biomechanics laboratories, visual distraction retraining technology along with a full exercise physiology and concussion suites.
The team is dynamic, results driven and focussed on providing strength and exercise based rehabilitation to a varied population of recreation to professional athletes and also musculoskeletal , occupational and fitness testing.
Anyone going the team will be offering a skill mix outside the norm, we are looking for a team player who will motivate and support patients and colleagues alike, coaching to the highest standard but specifically looking to think outside the box, develop new commercial opportunities and combine this with a research focussed team. SSC Sports Medicine has a number of commercial projects in addition to the daily clinic throughput, teaching and team commitment’s of SSC Sports Medicine
The fitness stream will be the newest of 9 streams within the Sports Medicine department alongside:
- Sports Medicine
- Knee and thigh
- Hip and groin
- IPOP - inpatient/outpatient physiotherapy
Reporting: Directly responsible to Head of Rehabilitation
- To deliver a high quality, industry leading service to SSC fitness lab customers/patients
- To train incoming staff members to stream in the delivery of fitness lab services and ensure consistency in quality of delivery
- To work closely with Sports Medicine Consultants to ensure patient screening methods are working correctly and optimising patient safety
- To ensure end of transition assessments and KPIs are in place for all staff moving through the fitness lab stream
- To develop, as required, the feedback mechanism to patients from assessments
- To develop on-going protocols and evidence based management for all based on results of individual assessments.
- To work with stakeholders to ensure service tests are appropriate and developed further as necessary
- To ensure a working, efficient rota allows appropriate levels of cover for a 6/7 day service each week with appropriate opening hours.
- To ensure appropriate record keeping and electronic patient record, including billing, and maintenance of good practice in data recording and evidence based medicine.
- To contribute to the Sports Medicine in house training programs
- To attend and deliver sessions at the Sports medicine bi-weekly meetings
- To provide appropriate cover for other Lead positions as required
- To carry out other duties as directed by the DRR.
- To audit activity in the department and address areas of inadequacy, improvement, service delivery and cost effectiveness
- Line Management Responsibilities
- Direct line management of the Fitness lab team
Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate must possess the following:
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Degree or equivalent
Masters in Strength and conditioning/Sports science
5-years’ experience working in the field of strength and conditioning
Membership of UKSCA and Certification by UK Strength and Conditioning Association
Interested candidates should send CV and cover letter to:
Ms Linda Murray, HR Manager, Sports Surgery Clinic, Santry Demesne, Santry, Dublin 9 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications 5th March 2018