|Location||Hong Kong, Asia|
|Sector||Leisure & Health, Science & Medicine|
|Function||Medicine & Science, Clinical Services|
|Contract Type||Contract, Fixed Term|
|Salary||Please send your expected salary|
The Department of Veterinary Clinical Service currently provides clinical care to all horses in Hong Kong, including approximately 1200 Thoroughbreds in race training at Sha Tin Racecourse. From July this year horses with the Hong Kong Jockey Club will also be stabled at a dedicated Thoroughbred training centre that the Club is building near Conghua in Guangdong Province, South China. The centre will be equipped with state-of-the-art racehorse training facilities and will accommodate 1,400 horses when full. Horses will shuttle down to Hong Kong to race and “show-case” race meetings will be held in Conghua from early 2019 onwards.
Both the Sha Tin and Conghua Training Centres will include world-class equine hospitals with dedicated teams of support staff. The Department will operate seamlessly over both sites with the majority of vets based in Hong Kong and rotating periodically to Conghua on a roster.
We are looking for equine clinicians with experience in Thoroughbred racehorse practice to join our existing team to provide high quality clinical care of horses at both sites.
You will report to the Head of Veterinary Clinical Services. You will be based at Sha Tin racecourse, Hong Kong and rotate up to the Conghua Training Centre on a rostered basis.
- Assist in providing routine and emergency cover for all Thoroughbred racehorses in training at the HKJC, at ST and CTC
- Assist with provision of clinical service at race meetings
- Contribute to the overall operation of the Department
- Be encouraged to develop skills in a particular area of clinical expertise that compliments the team
You should have:
- A degree recognized by the Veterinary Surgeons Board of Hong Kong
- At least 5 years’ experience with good understanding of Thoroughbred racehorse practice
- Passion for teamwork and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Enthusiasm for clinical practice and for developing staff
- A post-graduate qualification in a related clinical discipline is an advantage
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A three year contract of employment will be offered to the successful candidate. You will be based in Hong Kong and rotate up to Conghua on a regular basis. Accommodation will be provided in both locations.
Closing date for applications is 23rd March 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to the Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 8/F Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, Hong Kong, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (852) 2966-6984.
You are welcome to contact Dr. Christopher Riggs for further information about the position (email: email@example.com; telephone: +852 2966 6891).
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.