Telefónica is on a truly inspirational adventure. One of the world’s most innovative communications companies, and the name behind flagship brands such as O2, we’re thinking bigger than ever before. We’re taking on new challenges around the world and exploring new ways to open up the world for our millions of customers. And you could be part of it all. O2 is the second largest mobile brand in the UK. And we’re part of Telefonica one of the world’s top communications companies. So when you work here the opportunities are huge. Are you up to the challenge? Then we want you for O2.
We’ve invested a lot of time and effort building our sponsorship portfolio over the last 10 years and we’re pretty proud of what we’ve achieved. Some say our partnerships are best in class. They enable us to secure outstanding content – 48 hours artist presales, in-venue deals, industry leading offers, once in a lifetime experiences and much more. And through Priority, our market leading loyalty platform, we deliver this to our fans.
But we don’t want to be complacent. So, we are looking for someone to support the Sponsorship Team admin, and some of our larger key projects through the year. Day to day across our world famous O2 music sponsorships The O2, our 19 x O2 Academy venues, England Rugby and the UK’s most successful digital loyalty scheme, Priority, working closely with individual Sponsorship Managers to support key projects and ‘always-on’ activations.
An incredibly exciting, rewarding and challenging role, you’ll need to be one of the most organised people on the planet, hungry to make your mark and ready to work with various award-winning rights holders, partners, and agencies on a daily basis.
Here’s the lowdown of key responsibilities your role:
Helping support the Sponsorship Team with admin related questions.
- Agendas and minutes for the sponsorship monthly meetings.
- Manage any key speakers for the sponsorship monthly meetings.
- You’ll be in charge of all of our reporting requirements covering Priority offers, Priority Tickets, England Rugby tickets, O2 WiFi and our partner activity. You’ll create weekly reports and provide regular updates for the Sponsorship Managers, including the weekly team updates for wider business when required.
- Set up new suppliers, raise PO’s, chase invoices when required and assist liaising with finance.
- Ensure that all of our sponsorship collateral and materials are stored in one place and kept up to date on a regular basis.
- We regularly receive sponsorship requests and you will be responsible for responding to each one and ensuring they are logged in our tracker.
- Monitor competitor activity and provide monthly analysis reports to wider sponsorship team.
- Identify appropriate awards for sponsorship team to enter manage entry & deadline dates.
- Identify and discuss with Head of Sponsorship relevant training courses for the sponsorship team.
Sport and Music Projects:
- Get to know the key people at our stakeholders (AEG, Live Nation, AMG, RFU) and understand what they are trying to do, so that we can all work better together
- Support the team by building Priority Ticket offers on the app.
- Explore new opportunities for relevant Priority offers.
- Brief in monthly O2 Academy Pre-gig and Aftermath emails with our venue partners and sign off accordingly.
- Ensure that O2 related content on The O2 venue comms is up to date and relevant.
- Support Sponsorship Manager with the weekly Priority Tickets comms to our custome.rs
- Overseeing our platforms and ensuring we stand out from our competitors.
Who you’ll report into:
Who you’ll work with:
- Various teams and staff within O2 (primarily the sponsorship team and events team) Agencies. Such as M&C Saatchi, LIDA, Forward & VCCP
- Rights holders (Live Nation, Academy Music Group, AEG, RFU) and various music promoters
What we’re expecting from you:
- A fast learner, eager to learn more, with bags of enthusiasm
- Hard working, committed with the ability to work at a very fast pace
- A self-starter with high levels of initiative
- Base knowledge of sponsorship and marketing
- Be great at making things happen. And driven to doing so.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to make tough decisions and say no when required.
- Love working with and understanding what makes a great brand and sponsorship.
- Love working in a team, but can also get on with things yourself.
- Happy to jump in whenever you’re needed and when asked, you shout how high!
- Never be happy standing still.