Project Employee, Human Resources - EME
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, HR|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
This role is a 6 month project employee role where you will support the HR Generalist – Europe & Middle East on broad range of HR activities for NBA’s operations in Europe and Middle East. This position will be responsible in providing support on employee inquiries, the full cycle of recruitment, employee terminations, visa administration and file maintenance, and other HR administration as needed. This person will also work closely with the global benefits team based in NY to provide support to our benefits and wellness programs.
- Assist the HR Generalist in responding to employee HR inquiries regarding company policies/procedures, recruitment, benefits, and wellness programs.
- Provide support to the full life cycle recruitment process. This includes creating job requisitions, posting jobs on career websites, sourcing and screening candidates, scheduling candidates, and administrative support during the offer phase.
- Provide support to new hires during their onboarding process including administering new hire paperwork, communications relating to their start date, and other procedures to enhance the new hires’ onboarding experience.
- Assist in organizing international relocations and assignments as required.
- Assist in managing the UK and Spain benefits program with guidance from the Global Benefits team based in NY.
- Managing the UK and Spain wellness programs by working closely with the wellness committee and global benefits team, and helping plan and implement classes and trainings.
- Work with HRIS team to ensure timely and accurate processing of all employee transactions (i.e., terminations, transfers, supervisor changes, and promotions, etc.) including completion of paperwork.
- Coordinate the full-cycle exit process (regular and project employees).
- Work with our visa provider and employees in assisting with visa processing and administration. Will also provide support on maintaining record and files in other HR areas.
- Assist in planning and scheduling Learning and Development training and seminars.
- Provide support on other HR projects as deemed necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proven integrity in dealing with confidential situations and information.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong computer proficiency and skilled in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel).
- Strong work ethic.
- Exceptional level of integrity and respect.
- Team player approach and demeanor.
- 1-2 years of related experience. Experience in human resources, legal, or account management preferred
Educational background required:
The NBA’s entity that conducts the league’s business in Europe was formed in 1997 in Geneva, Switzerland. The NBA is committed to growing the sport, and stages regular-season games in partnership with FIBA, local federations and the Euroleague.