Corporate Communications & PR Specialist
The European Handball Federation is looking to further strengthen its communications operations with the addition of a ‘Corporate Communications and PR Specialist’. This is a newly created position in the EHF Media & Communications Department, working full-time out of the EHF Office in Vienna.
The ‘Corporate Communications and PR Specialist’ will be responsible for coordinating the federation’s corporate communications including the writing and distribution of media releases, producing texts and articles as well as corporate publications.
The role will also include responsibility for developing the federation’s public relations capabilities as we seek to raise the profile of the EHF, its activities and flagship competitions including the EHF EURO and EHF Champions League. This position offers the possibility to work at major international handball competitions/events across Europe.
Fluency in English, a flair for writing and a background in corporate communications/PR are essential for this position. Additional fluency in German would also be an advantage.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordination, planning and scheduling of the federation’s corporate communications
- Writing media releases, social media postings, corporate texts and editorial content
- Coordination/production of corporate publications for print and online
- Development, planning and implementation of PR campaigns
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Maintaining media database/developing network of media contacts
- Support in the organisation of media events (press conferences, draw events etc.)
- Additional tasks and projects as required to support the work of the EHF Media & Communications team
- Fluent English (written and spoken) with a flair for writing corporate texts in English – these are ‘must haves’ for this position
- Background and qualifications in journalism, corporate communications and/or public relations
- Experience in marketing/sponsorship environment/knowledge and interest in sports industry
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent computer skills (incl. MS Office), experience of CMS and email marketing systems
- Self-motivated person, who is able to work as part of a multinational team
- Knowledge and understanding of international handball an advantage
- Fluency in German/ability to translate English/German would also be an advantage
Working for the EHF communications team:
The EHF Office in Vienna’s 12th district is the headquarters for the European Handball Federation, the umbrella organisation for handball in Europe. The federation and its marketing subsidiary, EHF Marketing GmbH, are responsible for a wide range of activities from education and development to marketing and sponsorship as well as the organisation of major competitions and events including the EHF EURO, VELUX EHF Champions League and Women’s EHF Champions League.
With responsibility for the federation’s external communications, the small team of media professionals in the EHF Media & Communications Department works across all of the EHF’s business units and events on a wide range of tasks. These include corporate communications, content production, social media and community management as well as media management at final events.
Further information can be found at www.eurohandball.com .
For more information or to apply for this position click 'Apply' and send your current CV with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for the EHF and what you feel that you can bring to the role.