Cricket Operations Manager
Why this role?
We’re introducing this role to contribute to the successful operational planning and delivery of all Cricket Operations requirements; establishing effective and positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including the ICC and participating teams, to deliver a platform which enables players and match officials to prepare and perform at the very highest level.
Applicants must demonstrate extensive hands-on experience of Cricket Operations, either through delivery of International matches, or through playing or coaching at International level. A strong reputation and credibility with stakeholders across the Cricket landscape is also desirable.
Who we are:
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world's best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of our dynamic team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world - Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world - Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world - Using the power of the event, the game, it's spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world - Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
You'll love this role if:
- You have a passion for delivering the best, whilst establishing new benchmarks and standards.
- You are outcome focussed, with strong attention to detail and an eye to innovation, problem solving and seeking efficient and cost-effective ways to deliver a range of support services to stakeholders.
- You are a clear communicator that establishes strong professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, both internal and external, and seeks to resolve arising issues in Line with wider objectives.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
- You have an unshakable can-do attitude.
- You are a strategic thinker, a leader and thrive on accountability.
You'll be doing:
- Implementing the Cricket Operations operating plan, aligned to ICC and key stakeholder requirements.
- Championing the requirements of teams, players and match officials to ensure the delivery of a world class platform for them to be able to prepare and perform at their best; including establishing and implementing agreed client service levels, in conjunction with the ICC.
- Liaising with the ICC, internal and external stakeholders to identify and co-ordinate all Cricket technical requirements, including field of play equipment and protocols, playing conditions and pitch allocations, recruitment and deployment of Tournament Time resources (e.g. scorers, DLS Managers)
- In conjunction with the ICC and internal CWC19 departments, overseeing the creation and implementation of a Master Team Schedule, detailing Teams movements and activities throughout the Tournament.
- Overseeing recruitment, training and support of Team Liaison Officers, Baggage Masters and Match Official Liaison Officers to provide day-to-day operational and logistical support to participating teams throughout the Tournament; including creation of Team Liaison Officer Handbook and other documentation.
- In conjunction with the ICC and other internal CWC19 departments, supporting the planning and delivery of Team Managers Meeting and implementation of the Team Communications Plan leading into Tournament Time.
- Coordinating and implementing Tournament Time briefings as identified, whilst also contributing to Tournament wide coordination and reporting at Tournament Time.
- Identifying and scoping of non-match venue training venues and overall tournament-time training schedule.
- Liaising with key stakeholders to establish and deliver a Tournament Net Bowler Programme.
- Working within the agreed business planning framework, using the CWC19 programme management methodologies, documentation and reporting tools.
- Extensive hands-on experience of Cricket Operations, either through delivery of International matches, or through playing or coaching at International level. A strong reputation and credibility with stakeholders across the Cricket landscape also desirable.
- Experience of leadership in a high-pressure environment, often dealing with and responding to demanding clients or stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills, across a variety of stakeholders, with a focus on achieving agreed outcomes that contribute towards the overall organisational objectives.
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills, with a strong attention to detail in the preparation of planning documents, communication and reports.
- A Team player approach, be resourceful and possess the ability to demonstrate initiative; still seeking advice or support when required.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour; understanding the ever-changing events environment which will include unsociable hours.
- A proven track record of demonstrating excellence and innovation, as well as strong financial acumen.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, refer to the Job Description and respond with a maximum 2 page cover letter outlining their relevant experience for the role, together with a supporting CV. All information should be merged and submitted in one saved document (either Word or PDF) by the closing date with the subject identifier formatted as follows:
CWC19 Cricket Operations Manager - Your Name
If you are intending to apply, please do so at the earliest possible date rather than leaving it to the closing date.
Applications close on Friday 16 March 2018. Only applicants progressing to shortlist or interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.