Media Relations Officer and Junior Communications Officer
Formed in 1921, the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) is the governing body for all international events in Jumping, Dressage and Para-Equestrian Dressage, Eventing, Driving and Para-Equestrian Driving, Endurance, Vaulting and Reining. It establishes the regulations and approves equestrian programmes for Championships, Continental and Regional Games as well as the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
FEI promotes equestrianism in all its forms and encourages the development of the FEI equestrian disciplines throughout the world, keeping the welfare of the horse at the heart of all activities.
Today, the FEI has 133 members of National Federations and there are over 4,000 international events annually, including a number of FEI Championships and global FEI series. Over 90,000 riders and horses are registered and women and men compete as equals.
Over 85 FEI staff are working in FEI’s Headquarters in Lausanne, ensuring the sport continues to grow and flourish, the rules are enforced, the results are processed, the international calendar is managed, and that the very values that are at the core of equestrian sport are safeguarded and promoted.
The FEI has two vacancies in the Communications Department:
- Media Relations Officer (100%)
- Junior Communications Officer (60%)
The roles are based in Lausanne (SUI) with an immediate start date.
Purpose of the Roles
The successful candidates will provide communications support across the full spectrum of the FEI’s communications function – Corporate & Internal Communications and Media Relations – to all FEI Departments and stakeholders.
Working together with the Media Relations Managers and Corporate/Internal Communications specialists, the successful candidates will join an experienced and dynamic team.
Media Relations Officer (100%)
- Media outreach including selling in of storylines to media as part of PR campaigns
- Drafting press releases
- Fact-checking and supporting media relations efforts
- Conduct in-depth research on issues, industry news, etc., as needed
- Assist on media operations
- Media monitoring
- Coordinating relationships with the department’s freelance providers
- Updating and maintenance of media contacts base
- Other duties as assigned
Junior Communications Officer (60%)
- Assist, update and monitor the FEI’s internal and stakeholder digital web platforms and communications including inside.fei.org, FEI HQ intranet, the digital asset management portal, and emailers to stakeholder groups
- Researching content for internal communications, newsletters, forewords, speeches and web content
- Update and maintain all reference documents
- Assist with the planning, monitoring and execution of larger scale projects and special events
- Liaison with internal departments to identify communication needs, and delivering strategic solutions
- Assisting Media Relations Managers in drafting press releases, fact-checking and research
- Provide organisational and administrative assistance to the department
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Communications, English or Journalism (or a related discipline) or diploma/certification in corporate communications, public/media relations
- 2-3 years’ experience in communications
- Strong writing skills are essential (samples will be required)
- Knowledge of equestrian sport is a definite bonus
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, fluency in other languages is a plus
- Excellent command of MS Office
- Strong researching, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and take responsibility
- Strong organisational skills, ability to produce high quality content while working on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Team player focused on customer service
- Ability to respond quickly to internal demands and a changing workload