IT Project Manager
|Sector||Venues & Suppliers|
|Function||IT, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
IT Project Manager
Closing Date: 23rd February 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
- Plan, initiate and manage technology based projects, ensuring they are successfully delivered on time, in scope, and within budget.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage multiple projects of different scale simultaneously. Ensure projects are delivered on time, in scope and within budget, and are in alignment with the overall Technology Programme and TPO processes.
- Ensure a project has the resources required for effective and successful delivery. Manage and influence these resources; motivate and promote collaboration.
- Ensure any issues, risks and resolutions are communicated effectively and appropriately and all reasonable effort is taken to mitigate these.
- Work with specialists within the Technology function to overcome performance and project issues.
- Ensure the scope, schedule and cost of a project is agreed, approved and communicated to key stakeholders before the project commences.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained with regards to the project, specifically:
- Project Plan: Maintain time plans in Gantt chart formats, stating key milestones
- Maintain risk and issues logs
- Record meeting minutes, decisions and actions
- Track development effort and calculate velocity (points/days)
- Re-forecast delivery dates vs plan and communicate potential delays in a timely manner.
- Follow the project methodology appropriate for the project in hand (Agile/Waterfall).
- Ensure all projects follow standard change control processes and releases are communicated in an effective and timely manner.
- Monitor and track project milestones and deliverables; ensure project KPI’s are regularly updated, particularly around time, scope, effort and budget.
- Produce monthly commentary for Stakeholders, Technology Programme Office and project team.
- Ensure Technology Project Office reporting requirements are updated on a monthly basis
- Produce standard FA Technology status reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide regular communications to stakeholders and sponsors through standard meetings and reports.
- Communicate and seek approval of all requests for material scope or schedule changes.
- Manage selection and initiation of new FA Technology Suppliers or Partners. Ensure suppliers know and follow FA standard processes
- Provide suppliers with a bridge into the FA Technology function and ensure all issues are resolved.
- May occasionally be required to undertake business analysis tasks.
- Support the development and continuous improvement of IT policies, documentation and new project methodologies in order to continually enhance the overall service to the business.
- Represent Technology on cross-functional project teams and promote collaboration and mutual understanding of project delivery.
- Proactively demonstrates required behaviours in line with the expectations of the role.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet The FA’s changing priorities.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable history of successfully delivering IT projects on time, to scope and in budget
- Leadership skills: the ability to lead a cross-functional team through the delivery of a complex and long-term project. Experience of doing this in situations where there is no direct reporting line to resource.
- Effective communicator for all levels of the organisation – both written and verbal.
- Excellent judgement: identify project sensitivities, make good decisions and know correct escalations
- Ability to identify and solve issues likely to impact project delivery
- Strong organisation skills with good attention to detail
- Experience with tools relating to project delivery such as JIRA/Confluence/MS Office/Smartsheet.
- Experience of working with third party development agencies.
- Certification in an industry standard project management programme such as PRINCE2 Practitioner or APM Practitioner
- Experience in Agile development – and an ‘agile’ mindset towards delivery
- Background in web build project management including projects with UX, technical and creative components. E.g. Sitecore
- Previous work with MS CRM or other CRM system
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.