Head of Broadcast and Media Operations - CWC19
We’re introducing this role to lead on the strategic and operational planning of broadcast and media operations for the tournament. Effectively championing collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships, adopting an outcome focused approach and leading and motivating the broadcast and media operations team will be pivotal in this role.
Applicants must have demonstrated senior leadership and delivery experience in broadcast and media operations at a major international event, with a role in Cricket a distinct advantage.
Who we are:
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players and some of the most influential broadcasters/journalists from across the globe for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
You'll love this job if:
- You have a passion for the broadcast and media world.
- You are outcome focused, with an eye to innovation and seeking efficient and cost-effective ways to deliver key logistical requirements associated with broadcast and media operations.
- You are a clear communicator that leads by example and establishes strong professional relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- You have a passion for delivering the best, whilst establishing new benchmarks and standards.
- You have an unshakable can-do attitude.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
You'll be doing:
- Developing the strategic objectives and Functional Area operations plans for Broadcast and Media Operations, aligned to ICC and key stakeholder requirements; including a Tournament Time resource structure.
- Establishing client services levels that meet or exceed the requirements of the ICC, broadcast and media stakeholders, through high quality service provision aligned to operational delivery plans and budget.
- Identifying required operational spaces and contributing to the identified Venue Planning process to ensure consistent, seamless integration and delivery of all broadcast and media operations elements at venues.
- Leading on planning and delivery of designated stakeholder visits and workshops (e.g. Broadcast visits), facilitating venue access, transport and accommodation, in conjunction with the ICC and other internal Functional Areas.
- Liaising with the ICC, ICC TV and appointed contractors to ensure identification, coordination and implementation of broadcast and media logistics requirements; aligned with other internal Functional Areas.
- Overseeing planning for delivery of key Tournament Time services at match venues for broadcast and media stakeholders (e.g. catering, volunteer support), aligned to ICC and stakeholder expectations and budget.
- Liaising and negotiating with service providers to successfully implement supply contracts; and manage through to completion, including ongoing stakeholder liaison and conflict resolution.
- Leading by example, directing, motivating and supporting members of the Broadcast and Media Operations Team; including transitioning to an agreed operational role at Tournament Time.
- As a senior member of the Team, contributing to Tournament wide coordination and reporting at Tournament Time, including supporting the implementation of an agreed communication, command and control structure.
- Working within the agreed business planning framework, using the CWC19 programme management methodologies, documentation and reporting tools.
- Extensive strategic and operational broadcast and media operations experience planning and delivering international events, with cricket knowledge and tournament operations a distinct advantage.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and decision-making skills, liaising with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the business, with a focus on achieving contractual, budget and operational efficiencies.
- A focus on establishing, maintaining and positively leveraging effective stakeholder relationships, including ICC Partners and appointed service providers and contractors.
- Experience working within a multi-dimensional large-scale project or series of projects within a fixed timeframe and high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated an ability to lead, motivate and support a diverse Team, whilst ensuring achievement of organisational wide alignment and collaboration of stakeholders.
- A strong attention to detail in the preparation of planning documents, communication and reports.
- A Team player approach, be resourceful and possess the ability to demonstrate initiative; still seeking advice or support when required.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour; understanding the ever-changing events environment which will include unsociable hours.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, refer to the Job Description and respond with a maximum 2 page cover letter outlining their relevant experience for the role, together with a supporting CV. All information should be merged and submitted in one saved document (either Word or PDF) by the closing date with the subject identifier formatted as follows:
CWC19 Head of Broadcast and Media - (your name)
If you are intending to apply, please do so at the earliest possible date rather than leaving it to the closing date.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days’ holiday.
- Private medical insurance.
- Non-contributory 8% pension.
- Life assurance.
- Free on-site gym.
- Subsidised on-site canteen.
- 30% discount on New Balance items.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.